This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do you get started in the nyc social scene?
03-19-2013, 09:35 AM
how do you get started in the nyc social scene?
I'm moving to NYC from Chicago next month. I'm a 23 year old female writer, known for being a social butterfly where I'm from, but the problem is I only know a couple people in the city and they are not really into going out. What is a good way to integrate myself into the social scene? How do I find out about the hottest places to go, restaurants, gallery openings, events, etc? I'm worried I'll feel uncomfortable showing up to places alone. Please only reply if you really know the city well. Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 09:37 AM

Hearing about the hottest things in NY used to be a word of mouth thing. You hear it from a friend of a friend, etc. Now with all the media attention, you can just find out about it online. An area that is always "hot" is Soho. Restaurants, shopping, and gallery openings especially. Brooklyn is also known for a lot of those things as well, Brooklyn is very hot right now. If you are a social butterfly, you will meet new friends at bars and events. I suggest you spend an evening in Williamsburg, Brooklyn to get the general feel for it.

Ads

03-19-2013, 09:38 AM

if your a girl just dress slutty and get men to bang you, you will meet people ilke that