This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone else out there feel disgusted by social sites & the media?
10-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Does anyone else out there feel disgusted by social sites & the media?
I find myself disgusted by sites like facebook, & i hate how i can't watch one t.v show or a set of commercials without seeing a half naked girl..i just think the world is turning into a melting pot of disgusting and pathetic people...anyone else feel the same?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:24 AM

Agreed.
My favorite is the butt shorts girls wear to school. Im like "great....um, I think you forgot your pants at home. Because your underwear look just like jean shorts material. That is gross. I don't have a facbook and as a result I have never been grounded or anyhting like that.
another annoying thing...phones. in school. Im fine with texting..but during class all 5 bells? Really people what do you have to talk about for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I think their conversations are mostlikely just drama and gossip. annoying.
But understand...I am all for technology and texting and stuff.. there is just a right time and place for those and it is noth school. (I sound like a teacher...haha I want to be a teacher)

Ads

10-12-2012, 08:24 AM

I want to feel disgusted, but this is the way society has progressed and I feel the need to utilize what we've discovered and use the benefits of it as much as possible.

I hate overly explicit shows and reality tv, it bugs me, I see enough of explicit things in college.

Thats how our grandparents started to feel when tv progressed and now the same thing is happening to our generation about this progression. Reality is, is that it's getting worse, but a new generation of people are always going to be born into it and get used to it, only to see it get worse themselves.

It's a never ending cycle and I've learned to try and enjoy it and benefit from it as much as I can because I know it's not going to go away. No room for pessimism right?