This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my laptop keep on hanging for a while and then gets switched off?
03-26-2013, 06:20 AM
Why does my laptop keep on hanging for a while and then gets switched off?
my laptop is of the dell inspiron series running on windows 7 premium os. I don't know why. But today when I switched on my lap, it said that windows was not properly shut down yesterday. N d wicked part was that my lap didn't sense nythn @ all.. all the cursor did was indicating the loading sign. I tried the keypad in aiding me to switch off the system. bt even dat didn't seem to work. All I could do to turn off the system was long pressing the power button. This went on fr sm 4 times and all the pages I tried to open on my browser were shown as unrspnsve. I dnt knw wat wickedness has gt into my computer. som1 plz help out plz..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2013, 06:28 AM

Hello, I am Nitika from the Dell Social Media outreach team.

It seems you are facing software issue; this can happen if there are too many applications running in the background. We can speed up system performance by disabling few unwanted applications. Follow the instructions below to disable unwanted applications.
1.Win key + R
2.Type MSCONFIG
3.Go to the startup tab and disable applications. (This will not disable the application)
4.Go to the services tag and hide the Microsoft services
5.Disable applications which are not used.
6.Restart the computer.

If this still does not solve the issue, we can do further troubleshooting with windows. In order to verify that the system does not have any hardware issues, you can run the system diagnostic available in all dell systems.
Follow the instructions below to run hardware diagnostics
1.Press F12 on the dell logo while powering on the system.
2.Complete all the diagnostics and make a note of error codes if any

Please observe if system is heating or not.
Before we proceed with the replacement of the part I would really appreciate you if you can perform the below steps
1. Power on your computer & start tapping F2 so that we can get BIOS page & then check sys goes off or not.

2. If possible shut down your computer, power it on again & start tapping F8 so that we can select safe mode option & check whether sys is going off or not.

Complete all the diagnostics and make a note of error codes if any

It would be great if I can get your service tag also so that I can check your order details and give you the correct driver if required.

And you can find the service tag

**on the bottom of the laptop on the white sticker
**it’s a seven digit alphanumeric code which ends with BS or number 1.

If in case you do face any challenges in the process, please feel free to contact me directly by an email or by through a reply to this blog.
email:nitika_kukreti@dell.com
We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum .

Thanks & Regards
DELL_NITIKA_K
Dell Social Media Responder

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply