This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need so much helping getting rid of a virus. ?
03-26-2013, 06:08 PM
I need so much helping getting rid of a virus. ?
My sister was using my computer and got that stupid Facebook virus on it called koobface I think. My computer is completely screwed, I can't even do anything Internet articles recommend because everytime I log on and start to do something my computer just restarts. please help me, I would be forever grateful.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2013, 06:16 PM

You may need to fix the Virus in Safe mode, or if its not in Windows, Fix the MBR. To Boot Windows into safe mode, before you see the Boot Sceen, or preferablly after you see the Logo for your computer company, repeatably press F8. You will see a "Windows Advanced boot Menu" Select "Safe Mode with networking" then Dlogon, go to Internet Explorer, and Download "ComboFix" (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com) and Scan for Koobface.

If your MBR needs fixing, get your Windows XP, 7, Vista, or Any other Boot Disk for your OS, and Put it in, and choose the Recovery Concole From the "Welcome to Setup Menu" and Use FIXMBR.

Happy Hunting

Ads

03-26-2013, 06:16 PM

delete it manually. then run ccleaner to clean your pc, and mvregclean, to clean registry.
what mvregclean find you remove because the key is there but not the file ,folder or program.
even you reformat and it finds anything remove dont be afraid.
dont forget when you install this software to update them, and do an update every day
m
USE COMBOFIX FROM BLEEPING COMPUTER HURRY GO GO