This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I buy the PsVita?
03-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Should I buy the PsVita?
I have a ps3. I also have a psgo that i used for a month then never used again. Although the psgonever worked for me because it never picked up my wifi network. Anyway if anyone out there has a PsVita, what do you think about it. Are there really any good games out, and will I always be playing it or will I play it for a few weeks then never use it agian? and do you like the white or black better?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2013, 07:57 PM

There are only about four games available for it. It's the lowest selling console by a major manufacturer ever. 7,000 sales last month, compare to 3DS 110,000 ( and the 3ds sales are deemed to be disappointingly low). Skip it.

Ads

For the guy saying it's bad because of the lack of "Titles" and people "Not buying it" is stupid. Ignore him, because he's one of those guys who only follows the "Trendy" handheld, not a true gamer at all.
By the way, the PS VITA sold 50k units, not 7,000.. lol. Also, it doesnt have just 4 titles, it has more than 32 PS vita titles, and over 150 PSP titles for download, and a lot of releases, coming soon, such as Sly Cooper, Killzone, Soul Sacrifice, and more.

On topic: The ps VITA has a ton of great games, and more coming out. My personal favorites are:

Persona 4 (A great JRPG, with a great storyline, great graphics, in depth characters, and fluid combat)

Gravity Rush (A action game where you have the ability to shift gravity, and use it to attack your enemies. It's a really great game, and you can spend hours on it and not notice.)

Ragnarok Oddessey (An Action Adventure game that's like Monster Hunter, but with anime like graphics, fluid combat, and fighting GIGANTIC bosses, scaling from a two story building, to Godzilla!)

Dynasty Warriors (Amazing graphics, fast beat em' up action, and slick controls)

There's a ton of PSP games, PS one classics, music, and backrounds for download on the PSN store.

there is 2 good games for it: assassins creed and mortal kombat
i just usually play psp games on it
i like the white one better because that came with the assassins creed bundle

Definitely buy one if you can afford it and a memory stick.
I own a 3ds and a vita, and I like them both equal, but the 3ds is a little more juvenile. So I'd go with the Vita.

It has console level graphics, the most powerful processor ever in a handheld, a wide assortment of notable games, wifi, Bluetooth, and 3G capabilities, and just about everything an iPod has and more.

It's more durable than a 3ds. And is much faster, and I'm yet to see a game that has any lag to it.

There's a cross play function, where you can play a vita game on multiplayer against someone playing the same game on ps3 multiplayer.

Also, some games by Sony are featuring "Pay Once-Play Twice" where if you buy the $60 ps3 version of a game, you get the $40 vita version as a free download, not just a demo!

If you can afford the $260 wifi or $300 3G, plus a 8 gb ($30) or 16 gb ($60) memory stick, I would definitely recommend a vita.

Reasons to buy from other websites:

Great range of games (600+ downloads on PS store)

Great controls; smooth interface

Digital downloads from PS store

Many apps (Skype, Facebook, Flickr, Youtube, Netflix, etc.)

USB transfer films, music, videos, etc.

Great sound quality

Beautiful HD screen

Highly portable

Useful rear touchpad

Extremely power processor

Advanced wireless connectivity

Remote play function
(See here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...216AAW8omW )

(Additionally, the only reason it has so few sales is Nintendo dominates the handheld market and the Vita is too expensive. Once the price drops and advertisement goes up, I'm sure the PS Vita's popularity will skyrocket. )

See here for a list of all digital download and physical disc PS Vita games:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pla...Vita_games

And also, color doesn't really matter. But I have a white out of personal preference (ACIII - Liberation Bundle!)

I got one, was bored of it in 2 weeks. One of its best games uncharted golden abyss was fun but took less than a week to beat. None of its other games seemed good, sly and lbp look okay.

There's probably no reason for you to buy it...I mean, you have a ps3 AND a psgo. PSVita is so similar to the psgo and the ps3, has one of the lowest selling rates ever, and seeing that you got bored of your psgo in a month, I don't see why you would need to buy it. You're going to waste your money on it. Stick to the ps3 - it has many more titles to play with.

Yes, I like it.

I do not like!

Yes, I like it.