This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
help,my pc has all the protection from McAfee and it keeps telling me it has blocked a trojan virus?
03-27-2013, 04:54 AM
help,my pc has all the protection from McAfee and it keeps telling me it has blocked a trojan virus?
I recently tried to view a vid someone sent me on facebook and that seems to be the cause of the virus! Now my pc has really slowed down and facebook is just frustrating.I ran a scan on pc and everything seems fine,What can i do to get pc back up to speed

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 05:02 AM

Ditch McAfee. Go to grisoft.com and download avg free edition. It will sort things out and it's free!

Also, install "advanced windows care" (search it) Works spot on.

Ads

Hi Dope,

Follow the spyware and virus removal guide at My Slow PC - http://www.MySlowPC.co.uk/ - just click on the "Troubleshooting" link. Good luck, let me know if you get stuck or post at the site.

get read of McAfee i had it and it takes over your computer.get a free downland from download, com

Hello,

(ANS) No.1 Don't confuse a Virus with a Trojan Horse infection, they are completely different kinds of infestation.

No.2 If what you do have "IS" a Trojan Horse infection then many anti virus programs won't successfully detect it. Why? because Trojans don't behave the same way a Virus does.

No.3 Anti Virus programs are ONLY designed to detect viruses, & viruses that are known about.

NOTE:- Viruses are malicious code or software that reproduce or spread themselves if given a chance. Anti Virus programs generally only detect the presence of the infection and may or may not help with safe removal too.

**Trojan Horse infections tend to Inject themselves or download themselves directly through your web browser & an open port 80, & they tend to do this so fast that a) you cannot stop penetration or b) you won't even see it happen.

No.4 Trojan Horse infections tend on the whole to install themselves directly into windows\system32 folder. The good news is that they don't tend to replicate or spread, but the bad news is they can cloak or hide themselves totally so they are very hard to detect & remove. It takes a skillful & experienced technician to crack them.

No.5 You need to assume what you have is a Trojan horse and you need dedicated tools for a dedicated job.

SEE:- Any of the following software:-

**Trojan Hunter (highly rated & recommended) you can download a fully working trial copy of the program. It is licensed software though but has some very good quality features, i.e. detection & removal.

**SpyBot Search & Destroy (freeware) Highly recommended too.

**A2Squared another good malware scanner.

**Finally also see "Hi Jack This" which should be used in conjunction with expert guidance from the forums.

Hope that helps? Kind Regards Ivan.

PS:- FREE AVG can detect more Trojans than many other AV software.

Computer veteran, windows user since 1989.

If you are having a virus or Malware problem, you should receive professional Malware removal support from a website like http://www.geekpolice.net/

If you are not sure if it's a virus or not, they will use special softwares to check it for you.

I recommended it because they provide one of the best and fastest services on the internet.