This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What caused me to have viruses on my computer?
03-27-2013, 05:02 AM
What caused me to have viruses on my computer?
My $300 Compaq computer last a year a half. I decided to listen to some online radio & get on facebook. What caused me to have viruses I want to prevent it but don't know how. I am at the library now. If I get a new computer will I still have the viruses if they are in my e-mail messages. Can I got back to the radio shows I listened to. thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 05:10 AM

Download Malwarebytes, anti malware for free and run a scan in safe mode

Buy an anti virus I would recommend Norton internet security 2012 and run a scan in safe mode

Delete Junk/Spam emails

Ads

If the radio channel makes you download a specific software it can be its a virus, however if its in-browser it can't be the problem, and if they are in your e-mails, as long as you don't open them they wont effect you.
BTW download AVG free or any anti-virus really, it will help a lot

Neither listening to online radio nor getting on Facebook infected your computer. Most infections come from clicking on links (especially in emails) &/or downloading & installing software online.

You should be running an antivirus program. There are several out there that are free, if money's an issue. Also, many internet service providers allow you to download & install commercial antivirus programs at no cost to you (Comcast, for instance). I've given you links to some free ones below.

Download & install one of them & do a full system scan. It should find & remove any infections on your Compaq system for you.

if your handy right when it boots up press f5 or f8 and select Sfae mode w/ networking then download malware bytes, and clean it out.
IF you're not handy buy the fixmestick
its a little pricey but still cheaper than taking it in
http://www.amazon.com/The-FixMeStick-Mic...fixmestick