This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I make a website free and how do i make it popular?
03-27-2013, 05:46 AM
How do I make a website free and how do i make it popular?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 05:54 AM

There are several free tools that will allow you to create some sort of website for free. Yahoo has the geocities subdomain. This can get you a free (but very small) website. Social networking sites such as Myspace allow you to create a customized front page that has many of the features of a website.

However, if you aren't willing to pay money, your options are very limited. Putting something on the internet requires server space and a domain name, both of which cost money. Some companies will let you use their server space and domain name for free, but they will put ads on your site to make up the cost.

In order to make your site popular, you need to put things that people want to see on it. You also need to let people know that your website exists.

I'm not going to tell you what content to put on your site, that's for you to figure out. But I can tell you some of how to market your site.

Google rankings and other such metrics are based in part on how many sites link to your site. This means that you want to use every opportunity you can get to link to your own site using words that describe it. If you post on any forums, put a link to your site in your signature. If you have a membership on a site, put a link to your website somewhere on it. Make sure that the links aren't just the URL of the site but that the text of the link is words that describe your site and you want people to associate with your site.

Also, advertise your site. Tell your friends about it. Encourage them to tell their friends about it. Word of mouth is the best advertising no money can buy!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply