This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need ideas for my YouTube profile!?
04-04-2013, 06:33 PM
I need ideas for my YouTube profile!?
I have a YouTube channel and want to be able to get properly started. I do gameplay with commentary (which is fine) and I have 21 videos and its only the 1st week. I just need to know how to get more views etc. I am 14 and my channel is OGVonline. Thanks in advance for the help. Dont post stuff like "youre only 14 dont do anything" and stuff please. Thanks guys Smile

P.S. - Some of the games I play : F.E.A.R., Amnesia, Minecraft, Half Life 2 and more :')

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 06:41 PM

Even if you are 14 do not worry you did a good job by asking a question and taking a step to make youtube videos. Please leave those who insult or leave bad comments. First let me give you one example then I will answer.
Do you know HAWK, it is a bird when hawk flies higher could see many things but when find a prey just concentrate on it and get it. So, be like a hawk do not worry about bad things just ignore them and move on your target.

You need more views? your channel is about gameplay. First of all search on youtube who are popular gameplayer, go to their videos and leave comments and in the comments you can leave a very short message. "You can also check my videos" "I do make game videos" or whatever you like. You may think why? When someone is already popular many people will watch videos if, someone noticed your messages could come to your profile page or video right?

Now see what Youtube suggests in situation like these (you can use given url link)

How do I promote my videos?

Cross-promote your videos

Publicize your videos and your channel on the radio, TV, websites, forums, newsletters, other social networking platforms. Link your YouTube channel in as many places as you can: websites, blogs, magazines.
Use our YouTube APIs to create YouTube badges for your website that display your YouTube presence and link to your YouTube channel.
Allow embedding so others can distribute for you. Use the embed URL that comes with each video to embed your videos on your website. Send the links to blogs which may want to display your content.
If your videos are product reviews, include as much of the following information as possible as video tags: UPC, EAN, ISBN, MPN, model number, and brand. Example: For the ReadyNAS Duo, add, "UPC: 0606449056822, MPN: RND2150-100NAS, Brand: NetGear" as tags.

Audience Engagement

Don't Be Shy: Speak directly to YT community and ask them to subscribe!
Use Video Descriptions and Banners to encourage users to Rate, Subscribeand post Video Responses.
Enable Comments on Video Pages (you can always delete comments or block users).
Use Playlists to group your content by theme – this makes it easier for users to find videos on your channel.
Engage your audience through shoutouts, comments, subscriptions, and by asking questions or soliciting ideas.
Encourage Contests. Use eye-catching titles.

YouTube Promoted Videos

YouTube Promoted Videos allows any video uploader to surface their video content on YouTube by targeting users that are interested in seeing their content.
You can find out more about YouTube Promoted Videos in the Ads section of the Help Center.

Hope the above answer will be helpful.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply