This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I start off with Article Marketing or Social Media Marketing to build traffic for my new website?
10-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Should I start off with Article Marketing or Social Media Marketing to build traffic for my new website?
I'm sure there are plenty of people who are interested in "How-To" articles. I've managed to get some decent traffic from them plus an extra benefit of using Article Marketing is that these people are further up the buying cycle.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:26 AM

Social first imo, get your stats up anf more sites will be more likely to take youre articles on trade basis alone

Ads

Focus on building your site first - write good content, make the site really useful for the readers. Once you have something to show start to promote it in the social media. From my experience article marketing is not good for your own website. You are basically promoting those article sites instead of yours.

For building Traffic for a new site-

Have a section of blog, make your content dynamic and unique
Social Media
Directory Submission
Local Listing
Articles and Press Releases
Blog and Forum Posting

As @Property Buddy mentioned, you should get involved in a wide range of different options - don't just rely on one

There are many ways to build traffic to your website.

Here are a few:-
1. Write and submit articles . This will create traffic for years to come. Write quality unique articles, not articles that provide no substance for readers.

2. Submit ads to a high pagerank and high traffic Classified ad site such as USFreeads.

3. View related products on Amazon.com. You can try and take some customers from your competitors here by providing your own url if the product is similar.

4. Review websites in your niche on Alexa to try to take some of their traffic by including a reference back to your site.

5. Comment on other related blogs, but do not spam.

Hi John,

Recently, Google added a Social Plugin Tracking tool for Google Analytics that measures the impact of different social activities on your website. Aside from tracking +1s, it also tracks tweets and Facebook likes and any other type of social activities. This is an indication that Social Media and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) worlds are starting to collide. And this is good news for all the blog and website owners to take the advantage of using social media to increase their site’s traffic.

So, I recommend to use "social media" to build traffic to your new site. And besides, people do not like reading articles that much.

Hope this helps.

In my experience definately start with social media, especially twitter.
However, to be a success, you have to do them both in addition to a blog. I'm in a
launch right now (in fact we are launching today) - if you have a great product
it's an easy sale!

Social Media Marketing is one of the best and fastest ways to build traffic and reputation on the internet.Also social media is free

With social media marketing you have to spend time on social media sites such as twitter,facebook,youtube,digg etc.You can only spent 2-3 hours per day in social media marketing and get a lot of traffic to your website and make a lot of sales.But in article marketing you have to gain some skills such as writing.Also you have to spend a lot of hours front to your computer writing,and you must to write a lot of articles if you want to succeed in article marketing.

Social Media Vs Article Marketing

Social Media Benefits

You don't have to spend a lot of time
You don't have to deliver your own content(most of the times)
You have fun browsing others interesting stuff and commenting
Watching interesting videos about your niche

Social Media Disadvantages

You can't sell your products directly

Article Marketing Benefits

You can sell directly your products

Article Marketing Disadvantages

Write your own content
Spend a lot of hours front of your computer
less traffic than social media

Some Stats:

Social Media