This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Restoring my computer. Help Please!?
04-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Restoring my computer. Help Please!?
I want to restore my dell windows vista computer but i don't know how to do it. may you please tell me the steps to safely restore it. Also since my service provider is Cabelvision, once i restore it what will happen; will i have to call cabelvision to set it back up again or will it still be on my computer???

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP Smile))

P.S---I don't think i have the windows vista cd thingy. the only cds i have is:
1.) OPERATING SYSTEM CD. It is a Reinstallation DVD
2.) DRIVERS AND UTILITIES CD. It is for Reinstalling Dell Deimension Computer Software

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2013, 12:53 PM

The operating system cd is the vista cd if im not wrong. But using the cds will reinstall your operating System. If you want restore to a previous configuration just open the start menu and write restore. And here goes a tutorial:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084/en-us

If you really want to use the Cds just insert them and reboot the pc, they will show you everything you need.

Ads

just type recovery manager in start menu search,there is a wizard that you can use there.

Hello, I am Nitika from the Dell Social Media outreach team.

Note: PC restore will lead to data (pictures, documents, programs, music) loss. Please perform a data backup before proceeding. Please disconnect any external peripherals (printer, scanner or any USB device) as well.

You can follow the instructions mentioned below to restore your system to factory settings if you havenot formatted the system before .

1.Turn on the computer.

2.During the boot process, a blue bar with "www.dell.com" appears at the top of the screen.

3.Immediately upon seeing the blue bar, press <Ctrl><F11>.

4.If you do not press <Ctrl><F11> in time, let the computer finish starting and then restart the computer

5.On the next screen that appears, click Restore.

6.On the next screen, click Confirm. The restore process takes approximately 6 to 10 minutes to complete.

7.When prompted, click Finish to reboot the computer
8.When prompted, click Yes. The computer restarts. Because the computer is restored to its original operating state, the screens that appear, such as the End User License Agreement, are the same ones that appeared the first time the computer was turned on.

9.Click Next. The System Restore screen appears and the computer restarts.

10.After the computer restarts, click OK

OR

As you said that you are also carying the OS DVD but we will format the system through DVD if we cant do a factory image .

Follow teh below mentioned steps to reinstall Operating System

1.Insert the Operating System CD. Click Exit if the Install Windows XP message appears.

2.Restart the computer.

3.Press <F12> immediately after the Dell logo appears. If the operating system logo appears, wait until you see the Windows desktop,

4.Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation

If in case you do face any challenges in the process, please feel free to contact me directly by sending me an email or by through a reply to this blog.

nitika_kukreti@dell.com

We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum.

Thanks & Regards
DELL_NITIKA_K
Dell Social Media Responder