This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I reprogram my remote to the satellite dish?
04-15-2013, 01:17 PM
How do I reprogram my remote to the satellite dish?
I have a television that has dish network satellite service, its not connected to a receiver, its spliced from a box in another room. I got tired of having to get up every time I wanted to turn off the television, so I decided to program the remote to the television, it worked, but now the cable doesn't work with the remote so now I have no cable in my room. Does any one know what I did wrong or how to fix it? I'm assuming you can't have both, unfortunately, I found this out the hard way. I would rather have to get up to turn off my tv than have a remote that works a tv with no signal. It just says the receiver is off and to press select to turn it on but when I press select nothing happens. And yes I did press the satellite button and no it didnt work.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2013, 01:25 PM

Hello Louie, you will first want to press and release the SAT button at the top of the remote and then see if it will work the receiver. If not you will need to readdress the remote to the receiver using the following steps. http://www.mydish.com/support/program-no...o-receiver

Thank You

Mark Haakenson
Social Media Representative
DISH LLC
mark.haakenson@dish.com
3 pm – 11 pm Sunday through Thursday

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply