This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How come I cannot end active sessions on facebook?
04-15-2013, 02:16 PM
How come I cannot end active sessions on facebook?
Recently my facebook has been getting hacked. Someone is replying and sending messages. Accepting friend requests and doing whatever else to my facebook. I have changed my password multiple times and they are still able to access my account.

My friend told me to go to account settings > security > end all sessions. There are 14 active sessions, some which are my laptop, computer, cellphone etc. But there is a few in california as well. I was able to end all sessions except one from Compton California. How come I cannot end this session? What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2013, 02:24 PM

Usually when you allow some sites to use your facebook id or etc, they may/may not be safe. Either way, they get hold of your info. Try to refrain from allowing sites to do that, and I usually like to not use alot of facebook apps either.

This links might help
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-immediate...nt-hacked/

I would also do a virus/malware scan, and if you still can't get that off, then contact Facebook. Best way to go!

Good luck!

Ads

That's probably because the hacker is still on it. A solution would be to deactivate your account and create a new one with a new email and password (not previous passwords from your other account). If the hacker is still able to log on to it, it might be someone from your friends list. If you really don't mind adding all your friends back, you can just create a new account. sorry if this didn't really help Sad

the hacker is using it so you cant delete it, you should change your primary mail and password.
1. Goto 'Account Settings' it is in the upper-right corner near your profile icon.

2. There will be a section called 'Primary E-mail Address', click the option called 'Edit' which is adjacent it.

3. There will be an option called 'Add another E-mail'. Click it then you can enter a secondary email account.
4. Select the email you just added as your primary email address. DONE.

Then open the mail which you provide as primary mail and confirm it.