This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with Twitter??????????
04-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Help with Twitter??????????
I was just wondering about how @-ing someone works. Like, how do you chat to someone using twitter? Can you talk to people who aren't following you? How do you get people to follow you? And when you @ someone, do they get alerted that's you @ them? So like, do they know when you @ them? Thanks lol

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2013, 08:38 PM

I'm a twitter freak so let me begin with saying you can chat via twitter using the "@" symbol. this works by putting @ first and then their twitter name for example: @johndoe and once they check their @-replies it'll show that you sent that message to them. you can talk to people that don't follow you just as long as they do check their @-replies BUT if you're twitter updates are protected (private for only friends to view) and you @-reply someone you aren't following, they won't be able to see your @ message. gettin. people to follow you can be kinda tricky because I noticed a lot of people are selective with whom they choose to follow. what worked for me was being friends with people that use twitter A LOT, and every Friday some people participate in something called followfriday (FF) and they'll end up posting your name and/or some others and most people gain followers that way. you can also post your link on myspace and broadcast your twitter feeds through facebook. hope this was helpful!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply