This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to convince my parents to let me get facebook?
04-15-2013, 10:21 PM
How to convince my parents to let me get facebook?
I'm 16 and have been asking for Facebook for years, but my parents keep refusing to allow me to get it. Their reasons are pretty weak: school is more important and you don't need it.

Before anyone suggests just getting it anyway, that won't work. My mother's friends and her always find out everything, so if I get it without telling my parents I will just end up in heaps of trouble.

Please help, I just feel kind of left out from what is happening on Facebook and a bit socially excluded Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2013, 10:29 PM

Well, if you ask them to sit and talk things out. If you tell them why you want to go on and what you will and won't do on Facebook they might come to an agreement. If they say no then just take it and make one when you move out or are more older. I get you I've been asking for 5 years and they still say no. Not fair right.

Ads

Tell them that you will use it for only an hour a day, and that your grades will not suffer, and that you will always finish all homework before getting on Facebook.

Sit down and talk to them about it. Tell them the reasons you want one... If they worry about who you'll be friends with and what you post, maybe they'll be ok with you helping them set up a Facebook and being Facebook friends with you so they can keep tabs on you. Maybe promise you'll always do your homework before logging on. If they still say no, then you'll just have to wait until you move out.