This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is windows 8 the worst OS since windows ME?
04-16-2013, 02:54 AM
Is windows 8 the worst OS since windows ME?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 03:02 AM

I like windows 8

Ads

Windows ME actually had stability issues.

Windows 8 is stable but introduces a different front UI. From the "Modern UI," you can simply click the Desktop tile to be taken to Desktop, which looks almost identical to Windows 7. The Start Menu is gone, but the Windows key takes you to the Start screen now, which not only is like the Start Menu but is also actually controlled via the same Start Menu folder from legacy versions of Windows.

Close. But Vista is up there with them.

Absolutly becasue its not just the windows alone that is worst its the new computers with it! The new computer are more difficult to go to BIOS and Factory restoring is more difficult and I am telling you Windows 8 is garbage thats why i've move to Ubuntu Linux since 2006 and I love it because i've mastered most operating System through Virtualization in VirtualBox and I am never going back to Windows

Naw, it's much more stable than Windows ME.

- Dominic

Hi
"Is windows 8 the worst OS since windows ME?"
This question is wrong should read
"Is windows the best OS.?"
Any OS that costs lots of money, catches virus, catches malware, cannot be moved from pc to pc, cannot be run from cd or a usb, you don't own ( you only own the rights to use a mac or windows key you pay for nothing), You cannot adapt for your needs, have to use paid for programs to get full functionality , if you upgrade you have to upgrade your hardware.

Avoid all of the above run a Linux distro

How to get started with Linux
Easy with no partitioning of drives.

Use the wubi ubuntu installer if using xp, vista or 7
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/window…

OR

use puppy linux as a frugal install
Down load a puppy iso from the links below
Read about frugal installs below.
Use the cd to boot the files on the hard drive
puppy cd in = puppy
no cd = windows

No need to partition drives as that's risky until you have some experience.

OR

Usb
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Micheal
Win 8 is made for touch screen market and was released to work on regular PC late in the developement cycle

For me the question is "Does Windows 8 help me to get the job done, better, faster, in any way?". As a mostly desktop user, the answer is an emphatic - NO! It constantly gets in the way.
I feel like I'm working for W8, not the other way around. I made the switch early but have reverted all my machines including my tablet back to Windows 7.
Windows 8 misses the mark so badly that I'm beginning to think that Microsoft is getting out of the desktop operating system business and this is just the first step.

Comparing the "problems" with windows 8 vs Vista is like comparing apples and oranges. Windows Vista just didn't work! That was it's issue. Shutdown took forever, start up took forever, hardware compatibility was lacking, and so on.

Windows 8 works it just sucks! So YES, for a working platform, Windows 8 is the WORST

http://www.loopinsight.com/2013/01/04/wi...ing-blows/

This video review..the link above, sums up most pro's take on Windows 8. It really is both entertaining and informative. But the truth is Windows 8 make you LESS productive. Sure you can suck up all the video/audio/social media content you want but that's not why I have a PC. I have a PC so I can get junk done!!! Windows 8 Hinders me from getting junk done.

Funny cuz I see some Microsoft friendly review sites saying things like...Oh it might be a little while before businesses take up Windows 8...let me make this prediction...Business will NEVER...EVER, en mass, take up windows 8...EVER!!!

Smile

Yes! it is the worst since ME. I am returning two new high-end laptops because of it. I did not want to pay over $100.00 per copy of Windows 7 to downgrade them on top of the already high price tag of the laptops. It is also ridiculous for Toshiba and HP to not allow you to buy new computers with Windows 7 installed on them. So whats the "customize your computer" option for? I guess is only applicable to hardware!