This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have u heard of a facebook virus that automatically downloads a file?
04-16-2013, 03:59 AM
Have u heard of a facebook virus that automatically downloads a file?
I keep getting this download while on facebook, it's named 'pop' and is supposed to be a mp3 sound file but the length is 00:00:00. a friend told me it's a virus, but he didn't know what kind.

I deleted all the files, and am running my windows defender virus scan.

Is this a known virus? Do you know anything about it? Is there anything else I need to do to get rid of it? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
~Jess

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 04:07 AM

It is possible it may be a virus.

Try getting an anti-virus program that scans your internet connections (like Kaspersky, but the license key is always the problem)

mp3 files with length 00:00:00 is quite suspicious. Don't open it.

As for getting rid of it, I don't know yet.

Ads

dnt open d file

use a better anti virus

or just 2 b sure if u hav downloaded d file
upload d file 2 NOVIRUSTHANKS n scan it 4 free

it cud also b dat part of dis virus is on ur pc,dat mayb b causin d file 2 start download

There's some new website that was just launched called ifeem.com. It's a optmized search engine which can help you find any Mp3 file, lyrics to any song, and the latest music videos all on one site. You can either listen to the mp3 files or download it directly form the site. It's a very convenient website when you are looking to download mp3 files without the need of a third party application. Hope it helps you out ifeem.com

I found out about this website and noticed its better than searching through google for Mp3 files or even videos. Very user-friendly as well.