This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'd like to know one thing: Is the Yahoo! Answers still accepting a gif on the avatar?
04-16-2013, 05:03 AM
I'd like to know one thing: Is the Yahoo! Answers still accepting a gif on the avatar?
Through the link to the Twitter account, before it was possible to put an avatar in the form of gif here on the site. But Twitter is no longer accepting the avatar gifs (but it is possible to put gif on twitter avatar through a website. I will not say the name of the site because it is spam, I think).
So I'm trying to put a gif in my avatar and is not working (since I linked my account with my Twitter). Just wanted to know if Yahoo! still accepts the gifs avatar.
PS: I'm from Brazil. If I made a mistake of language I would like to apologize.

Thanks for the answers educated.

Hugs!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 05:11 AM

My understanding is they are no longer accepting them, because many users have complained that they can trigger migraine headaches and even seizures. Some users still have them but apparently many have had their GIF avatars removed and it looks like eventually they will be completely gone from Answers.

Ads

04-16-2013, 05:11 AM

Yes, Yahoo Answers is still accepting animated gifs as avatars.

Unfortunately -as you stated- Twitter is no longer allowing them.

Twitter allows animated avatars that you already have, but if you attempt to change your gif, you will lose the option for animation. (That's how I lost my animated avatar).

If you know a way to get Twitter to host an animated gif, and link your Y!A account to Twitter, then you will have animation.

Do NOT post one of those long avatars, or an avatar that flashes, or one that hurts the eyes.
If you do, your account may be suspended.