This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I might not see the guy i like again?
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM
I might not see the guy i like again?
I am in middle school going into high school (I am 13 years old).
There is a guy I like but because of a promise I made with my dad (it was that I wouldn't go out with anyone until after high school. I don't want to break that promise with my dad) I can't ask him out. I really like him and I've never felt this way about anyone. He has a girlfriend at the moment.
He is really funny and can brighten my day even if no one else can. He can be a jerk to other people at times in a jokey way. He's never a jerk to me and if he insults me, he smiles and says sorry. His smile always makes my heart flutter. He is sort of a dumbass (in a good way) and I can't get him off my mind. He always teases me that I like him but I always say no since, as I said before, he has a girlfriend. We are really good friends. Not good like I have his number or anything but when I see him at school we joke around a lot ( we also sit next to each other in one of our classes together).
I might never tell him my feelings. We are both going to different high schools. I know I can't ask him to wait for me. It's selfish. I want him to be happy.
I still want to keep in touch with him but I'm embarrassed to ask.
Before the school year ends I want to do something, say something, but i don't know what...
You guys... What should i do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 10:09 AM

Some things are left to fate. Meaning, if you're meant to be together, he will come back into your life somehow. Maybe you'll wind up working the same part time job years from now, or end up in the same youth group, or perhaps you'll start chatting on Facebook next year when he's single and something will spark. But, right now, you cannot do anything. And not just because of your promise to your Dad. Because he has a girlfriend. Unless he tells you otherwise, you need to assume that he only likes you as a friend. You should never make a move on a guy that has a girlfriend. The best way to keep in touch is on Facebook or some social media of that site, because everyone has tons of friends on Facebook and it's not something that's significant if you friend him on Facebook. You can do this unobtrusively without it looking suspicious. However, at this point that's ALL you can do. You can just be friendly and have it on the back burner that someday hopefully it will turn into something more. You're both thirteen. You have your whole lifetimes ahead of you. Things can change really fast.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply