This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is portraying more gays in our media engineered to reduce social conflict or to make straight men feel weaker?
10-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Is portraying more gays in our media engineered to reduce social conflict or to make straight men feel weaker?
If it's to make straight men weaker, would that be to neutralize Americans protesting the destruction of their civil rights and their middle class life?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:28 AM

OH YES! The media/TV is trying to emasculate you. they are trying to widdle us down so we can't keep a standing army, then the Chinese will come marching in.
If you can't handle seeing gay men, maybe your not very secure with your own sexuality?

Ads

This question makes no sense, although I agree our civil rights and middle class lifestyles are going down the toilet.

If seeing gay men on t.v. makes a straight man feel weaker... I think that guy should question his orientation in the first place!

Seriously, I watched a show about bears last week but I've yet to turn into one!

I don't know about you, but as a straight man, I like seeing more gay men in the media. The more gay men there are, the more unattached straight women there are.

It's hatred of the goyim.

I am straight and no amount of gay men on TV or in society will "weaken" me. If you are that insecure in your morals, "straightness" and values you probably were never that grounded in the first place.

How does two gay men getting hitched destruct your civil rights and middle-class lifestyle? Do gay people have THAT much power over your life and rights?

You sound like a textbook 'phobe.....or someone who is lost in the closet....

I have no doubt its designed/engineered to reduce social conflict, thats the same reason they have shows with minorities from all walks of life.....to illustrate for the masses that people and things "outside of your normal" are nothing to fear or be worried over. We're all people.

The question is, why would someone feel ANYTHING about someone else's sexual orientation? It doesn't make any sense.

Are they gay men or kryptonite? How are straight men playing gay on TV making anything weaker? Uh they're not.

Poor cons gays are always to blame for your failures.

um...um..yes, no? I'm not sure it's "engineered" to do either. If it makes you feel personally weaker, I think that's your issue. As for reducing social conflict, don't flatter yourself. Gays being portrayed in the media has a whole lot more to do with gays and lesbians successfully advocating for civil and human rights, as well as coming out and actually writing the shows and screenplays, having the courage to cease being invisible.