This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you give me advice on improving my website/blog ?
04-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Can you give me advice on improving my website/blog ?
I created my website (http://www.startuptoday.co.uk) in 2011 with the aim to make it a successful blog covering everything from making money online to social media. I have had some success with this, however i would now like to make my website even bigger as well as monetizing to cover server costs. I would be grateful if you could give me some advice on anything that you think could improve my website.
Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 01:46 PM

The banner at the top is very bland, and there is a lot of blue on the page which reminds me of facebook and twitter. I think a new colourful top banner would improve the way it looks. Maybe this is just my browser but at the very top the "about" and "tutorial" links overlap. I didn't look at all the articles but it looked like most had to do with similar topics improving a website. If thats strictly what your website is about then that's cool, but you could attract a larger audience with different topics. For example when you said social media I hoped there was an article about the extreme explosion of alien movies, television shows, and advertisements released this year.

This is all my opinion and the site looks good as it is now.

Ads

I suggest you use use http://picdit.com/ ) try it out, look up "picdit" in google.

I used Ablock+ when I visited your site, and I didn't notice a single ad. You might want to add other affiliate networks that can't be blocked, if you wish to "monetize" your blog.

If you are not getting the server costs back, you really need to improve your ads.