This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
questions on Tablets/Ultrabooks?
04-16-2013, 02:03 PM
questions on Tablets/Ultrabooks?
I am looking at purchasing one of those tablets that you can attach the keyboard to. I don't want an iPad where it is run off applications as my main use is for study. Is there anything that is basically like using my laptop but I can also use as a tablet? I really like using Microsoft office, and before anyone says that anything is better, I am happy with what I know and am too busy with study to be able to learn something new at this stage. I've had a look at the Microsoft Surfaces and so far, really like the look of them but will I be able to use it for anything other than the office products and internet? As in, can I download files and save them in documents like I always have?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 02:11 PM

I would take a look at this link here http://asia.cnet.com/top-5-windows-8-con...219345.htm

Generally, any of those will be able to function like a normal computer because they in fact run the newest windows operating system: windows 8. Office will certainly function on it. There are two versions of the Surface, the RT and the Pro. The RT is cheaper and cannot run legacy Windows applications so basically anything that ran on windows 7 and before. The Pro is a full blown operating system that can do anything a regular laptop can. Anyway, majority of these are just laptops in different form factors, so it will do any task that you're used to doing on computers.

Ads

Most tablets, ipad or android or microsoft, supports bluetooth so you can use wireless bluetooth keyboard with them. If you are looking for something light, you should consider mac book air. It's light and you can find more useful app for your study. You can also run microsoft office on mac. If you set on tablet, nexus 10 or samsung galaxy note 10.1 are also good. But I don't think they came with microsoft office. Depends on what other things you want to do with your tablet, check out whether the softwares are available on Surface.

yes you can
get the Microsoft surface RT
it really is an amazing tablet
it has a 10.6" screen with very good and high resolution
colors look clear and sharp on it
the tablet build quality is amazing
it feels perfect and its made from solid materials
the os on the tablet which is windows 8 is also amazing
its fast and fluid and also simple and easy to use
its made with touch in mind
the web browser is extremely good its fast and pages load up quickly
and it supports flash which is a huge plus and which is something that is lacking on most android tablets and all ios tablets
battery life is very good and would easily get you through more than 10 hours of heavy use
you can download apps from the windows marketplace which has many high quality apps
thousands of apps are being added everyday
more than 2000 apps were added in less than 2 days
it does have more than 35,000 apps now and like I said it will keep on increasing
it has dual cameras and both of them take amazing photos and videos
it has deep social network integration(skype,facebook,twitter,linke… and so on)
you also get Microsoft office 2013 for free on it
and if you get the keyboard and attach it to it you'll have a laptop
overall the surface is an amazing tablet and you should get it
hope i helped Smile
tell me if you decided to
and if you got any question or need any help you can email me at spieleranswers@outlook.com