This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a good firewall protection that's free??I'm trying to avoid getting the april fools virus?
04-16-2013, 06:31 PM
What is a good firewall protection that's free??I'm trying to avoid getting the april fools virus?
i have windows vista....
also all i need is a firewall protection and then i'll be safe from getting the virus?? last question, do you get the virus from myspace??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 06:39 PM

You can get any, and every virus through Myspace. Myspace is notorious for infecting peoples computers. I suggest that you go to Walmart, Best Buy, etc. and actually buy an anti-virus/firewall. Windows is very vulnerable. It's worth the $10-$30 dollars.

Ads

The news tonight said that the conflicker virus (April fool's day) is very real. Make sure you computer stays updated with automatic updates and make sure that your virus protection is current. Using your virus protection, run a scan. I think you will be okay as long as everything is current. Please read my post over in the seniors section. (communities and groups) It tells more about what you need to be looking for, what e mails to not open up, etc.

Just be aware that the virus is a nasty one, be careful, and you should be okay.
Your last question...the virus is spread through many social networking sites, including this we are on and facebook and others.

Firewall wont do anything with the virus. The virus spreads through everything i.e. USB drives, wireless internet through starbucks, airports, anywhere. The only way to elimate is to use a antivirus. I like Norton Internet Security. Trial version is free through download.com. Norton should detect and eliminate the virus. Also update your windows security.