This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coming up with a Public Relations plan.?
04-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Coming up with a Public Relations plan.?
I've been doing a lot of reading about PR however I can't seem to apply them.

Say the university is launching a new BA degree in Music management and production in 2 years

and I need to develop a PR plan. Where do I start? Who could be the stakeholders? What should be my objectives? How do I meet those objectives?

and on crisis management how do I deal with some famous musician criticizing the university saying that "you cannot teach success' in the business?

I've been reading and reading all night I just can't seem to find anything applicable. For products it's easy but for a new degree in a university? How does that work? Just need a very basic input.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 09:50 PM

First of all, DON'T PANIC!
Now listen.
Sit down and note down all the important and positive points of the new degree. Stress on them while you are advertising. People are bound to criticize everything. That should not hinder or disturb you. Rather it should make you more firm. The stakeholders are the people who will be investing in your BA program. So reach out to them and tell them how you are planning to go about this campaign. Use social media. Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr and spread the word around. Ask your friends also. You can have banners done for the purpose.
If you still find yourself in a dilemma then visit a few PR people and exchange some ideas. I am sure they will spare a few minutes for you. All the best.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply