This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
help me! need to sell off my stock and start something else?
04-25-2013, 11:08 AM
help me! need to sell off my stock and start something else?
I bought a large stock of lingerie thinking I was going to be a good lingerie retailer but it has failed enormously! wish there was a bigger word I could use. I sell one item per month and in some months I dont sell at all.
when i started, I thought I would buy and sell successfully and need new stock every 3 or 6 months, but since I bought the first one, no one has been interested.
Now, I know you'll all talk about advertising, I have placed adverts in every magazine, every paper, both the appropriate ones and the not appropriate ones, on twitter, on BB, all lingerie forums and blogs that allow me, trade shows, booth sales!!!!! all sorts.
I mean its lingerie and they are really nice ones because when people look at them they admit its lovely and I've made people find out for me from those they know have bought and they said it was actually good. My prices are very reasonable and some items are lower priced than some competitors.
I've done a lot of promotions, offers, even giving out free items! I've lost a lot i swear i just want to keep crying.
Now I dont know how to 'discard' of what I have left in my store.
I dont even know what to do next, this was all i wanted to do and now its not working at all. what do i do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2013, 11:20 AM

check out my bio
email me
I will help you

Ads

04-25-2013, 11:32 AM

OKAY IL DO A LIST:
check out your competition? la senza and anne summers are MASSIVE.
your location?? who's your target market?

promotion- special offers? discounts to loyal customers?

price- if the price is too cheap it can act as a signal as a faulty/bad quality product. Price it at the going rate and focus on promotion.

product- do you genuinely think this product can sell? if its not selling, you need to give up on it otherwise it'll affect your brand image. Get a new range of products.

IF this all still doesn't work, ebay it so you just break-even. Look at your competition, look at your target market. Conduct more market research on what the consumer wants and needs. Think about the area, how much disposable income does each house hold have? will they buy luxury items like lingerie?

Hope this helps