This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter VS Facebook Which one do you prefer and why?
04-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Twitter VS Facebook Which one do you prefer and why?
My english class (JH8th Grade) Is doing the persuasive speech unit and I have a few reasons for Facebook (im on Facebooks side in this case) and was wondering if you had anything.
Heres what I have:

Twitter was originally made for celebrities and big businesses..not socializing and normal people
Facebook- A lot of people go on it and it was originally made for socializing
Twitter can sometimes cost people money
Facebook is free
Twitter can be boring without games, messaging people in a chat and sometimes get annoying
Facebook lets you disable notifications from people you watch in close friends when Twitter spams you with it.
Twitter is filled with instragram people .0.

Those were only thoughts/ideas or suggestions for more ideas...of mine
So if you have any just jot them down in the answering section why FACEBOOK is better than twitter ^_^

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2013, 11:40 AM

I think they should both go bankrupt, the crash of the dollar will coincide with that. 1) Celebrities are normal people they just have more money than you. 2) Facebook costs money, notice all those ridiculous adds you cannot take off your page? 3) delete both of them, you should do something more meaningful like how are our youth in this nation/world going to go around talking in a job interview with hardly any real human contact, all this social media and cell phones has taken one of the most important things from us, human contact. Nothing will ever be the same as talking face to face with someone. Are people in such a rush to watch their reality tv that they can't pick up the phone and have a regular conversation with someone else? Do an experiment, when something comes to your head and your wondering about what the answer could be... Don't google it, actually wonder. Let your brain do its job. Having superficial friends may fill a little hole in your heart for a short time, but during summer break disable your facebook or twitter... see how many people notice that you're gone. It will change your perspective. don't worry your info will be saved for a couple months you can activate it again if you don't want to know the truth. Good luck with life I hope you can see the light before its too late.

Ads

04-25-2013, 11:53 AM

I prefer twitter for my life events ...whatever i do in whole day ,i tweet ........
and i prefer facebook for chatting with friends and having fun with friends's posts and celebrities posts.
04-25-2013, 12:00 PM

I like twitter better than fb . twitter can tweet whatever i want without somebody getting mad.i just like fb for the games and to keep in touch with my fam and friends.
04-25-2013, 12:01 PM

Facebook and Twitter are different in nature. Facebook is a social networking portal while Twitter is more of a microblogging service, although it has social networking features too. Facebook provides the option to share an endless variety of data about users and their lives and use applications, while Twitter is more suitable for sharing short text messages. There is also a significant difference between the privacy policy of Facebook and Twitter, because when new features have been introduced, Facebook made certain information public that had been set to private earlier.
Note that those third-party applications that provide sharing options for social media usually support both platforms.
In general, Facebook can be more useful due to its advanced features and flexibility, and also more interesting with the users’ photos, videos, and apps. Sharing short text messages on Facebook is a basic feature, and Facebook provides so much more. The original idea behind sharing short text messages (the fundamental idea of Twitter) was derived from the limitation of SMS (160 characters) used extensively on mobiles at that time, however, today’s technology do not have such a limitation.
Many people do not necessarily have any short text messages to share with the world (or their friends), but most people have something to share on FB.