This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which iPod touch should I get?
04-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Which iPod touch should I get?
I've got a smartphone now, but I find it's large screen annoying and I'm going to swap back to my old flip phone. (The smartphone's going to my little brother). I know I'm crazy for wanting a flip phone instead of a smartphone, but please don't argue with me over this. But I'm getting an iPod tomorrow, and I'm not sure which one. Like, I'd prefer to have wifi and apps and stuff. So therefore, a touch. But I can't decide between the 4th and the 5th gen... Are there enough differences between the two to warrant the upgrade to the 5th generation? I'll use it a lot for listening to music... And probably multitasking with music playing in the background, and games, web browsing, social media, etc. I'm not particularly worried about camera quality though. But I like the colors of the 5th gen ones. I think my mum cares about price, but I may be able to convince her to get me the 5th gen but I don't want to make her get something expensive and not worth it. Thanks Smile And also, if I get the 4th generation, is IOS 6 worth upgrading to? I've seen reports of it being laggy, buggy and unusable with force crashes when it's run on a 4th gen iPod.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2013, 12:02 PM

I have a 4th gen iPod touch and iOS 6 runs fine on mine. I'm pretty sure it's the same as iPod tch 5 gen because the 4th was basically a 3 gen but wth a camera so I say go for the 4 gen. The only difference is the color

Ads

04-25-2013, 12:16 PM

You should get the 5th generation. I have had both and the 5th g is much better. It's faster and the back doesn't get scratched because the 4 g is crome which scratches all the time but the 5 g isn't crome.
04-25-2013, 12:20 PM

I recently bought the IPod touch 16 GB 4th generation and so far I really like it a lot. It is my first IPod ever. I had a Coby 8 GB touch screen mp3 player but the touch screen isnt that good as it is with the IPod touch. The 16 GB 4th generation is the best way to go and over at http://www.walmart.com and your local Walmart store it is selling for $195 plus tax.
04-25-2013, 12:22 PM

If you don't mind having below par cameras, just go with the 4th generation iPod Touch. It'll save your mom about 100 bucks and you can still listen to music, multitask and such. Plus if you're not crazy about a big screen, the 5th gen's screen is bigger than the 4th gen's. Either way (in your situation) I'd get the 4th gen. Usually, I'd recommend the 5th gen. but with what you want and don't deem necessary, the 4th seems the best bet. Plus you can get a 32 gb version if you so please and it's not nearly as expensive as the 5th gen's 32 gb version.

Merry Christmas, hon!