This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is gay marriage so important to Republicans that they will let it sink their party?
04-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Is gay marriage so important to Republicans that they will let it sink their party?
As a libertarian I at least agree with the free market rhetoric that Republicans tout (even if they never follow it in practice). But the social conservative issues are a turn off. Maybe at one point the Republican party could get by appealing to social conservative issues like gay marriage and abortion but now I think the Republicans are clearly on the losing side of these issues. I think they need to drop them or die. Is it worth losing every other issue because you refuse to budge on gay marriage and abortion?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2013, 01:36 PM

I would hope all the social conservatives get out of the republican party and make their own.abortion and gays should have rights and choice.

Ads

04-25-2013, 01:45 PM

I agree with the libertarians. Gay Marriage should be legal.

GOP should become a Libertarian Party, so crazy religious issues are out of debate.
04-25-2013, 01:46 PM

it is very important to them. if they let it become law, then there will be no restrictions for many on the right to be who they are freely. and they can't have that, due to their moral confusion
04-25-2013, 01:57 PM

I really don't think the issue of gay marriage is what is sinking he Republican party. I think a large part of the problem is the mainstream media's love affair with this administration. They fail to report all the news seemingly forgetting the poor decisions of this administration by not reporting the truth. I am fairly disgusted with both sides, but I do believe that there are those voters who follow religiously what their favorite newscaster might be spouting and not question the bias. Until voters do their due diligence and find out just who and what they are voting for the US will be dragged down into third world status, a path we seem to be heading towards.
04-25-2013, 02:06 PM

Republicans lost by a few million votes. When Obama leaves the scene next election most blacks will go back to never showing up at the polls and Republicans will regain the votes they need. Blacks only voted because Obama is black.
04-25-2013, 02:09 PM

There is no gay marriage. If you wish to partake in that sham or have a lack of principals, feel free.
04-25-2013, 02:14 PM

The social conservative "remnants" of an age gone by are the most reliable (and most easily duped) backbone of the Republican voting base.

What you're suggesting is that the Republican party become a party of reasonable options!
And, that would be wonderful!

If they could only purge their cronyist tendencies and their hypocritical ways of condemning government spending while awarding some of the largest government contracts in history to their pals, I might even consider a GOP candidate next time around.

The problem is that Reagan actively invited the religious whackos to the table and gave them a voice in our mainstream politics. The GOP seized on this notion as soon as they discovered a massive herd of sheeple they could stir up by screaming about gays or fetuses.

Since then, the sheeple have grown ornery. And, now, their previous tactics have bitten them in the butt. Gay rights and right to choose are truly "non-issues" to GOP candidates (they're main motivation is to ensure their pals receive their massive contracts and subsidies).

But, in order to secure the votes they need, they must appease the numbskulls (TEA Baggers).

The best the reasonable Republicans can do is appeal to moderate Democrats and form a third party. The largest voting group in our nation (40%) is moderate. If they were to do that, we'd be able to slough off the useless fringe elements on both sides of the spectrum and actually get something done.
04-25-2013, 02:26 PM

It comes down to belief, when one steadfastly holds to a belief as though it is an absolute part of who they are, they are more likely to act irrationally when that belief is threatened. So, yes. But only if the sane Republics don't silently sneak up on the crazy ones and kick some ass.