This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dell Insp 1464 heating issue?
04-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Dell Insp 1464 heating issue?
Hi, I am usng Dell Insp 1464 laptop, warranty already expired for the laptop. It's have some heating issue after working for 30 min or more its heated alot and hang. Please advice.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2013, 01:54 PM

Turn some of that worthless crap off you think you need running in the background. Read your manual on how to use it properly. Get it off blankets and pillows, use it on a flat surface with plenty of room for circulation just as the manual told you to if you would have read it.

Ads

04-25-2013, 02:09 PM

Hi Monica,

Greetings from Dell,

My name is Gautam and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

As per your post, the primary issue is with overheating. Overheating is generally caused when the vents are choked with lint or dust. The system can also overheat incase it is used on a soft surface where the vents get blocked. Please try cleaning your vents with a soft brush or try blowing out the dust from the fan.

In certain cases, a bios update may be required for regulating the system fan speed. Please visit our website http://www.dell.co.in/support and find the bios update for your PC by entering your service tag.
You may check the BIOS version by pressing F2 at Dell logo. It is also possible to run a self-diagnostic on the system to check for any hardware issues. This can be done by the diagnostic test which is accessed by pressing F12 at Dell logo. If a hardware failure is found, an error code will be returned. This will also help in further identifying the source of the failure. Please reply in case you have any further questions.

Regards
Dell_Gautam_H