This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to contact someone who is not in your friend list on Facebook?
04-25-2013, 07:24 PM
How to contact someone who is not in your friend list on Facebook?
I need to contact someone I know but not in my friend list. As I know, in this case, when I send a message, he/she can't receive it as a regular message with a notification, instead it goes to the "other" box that gives no notification. So he/she can't notice or notice a long time later.

Is there anything to do when this happens? Sending the same message more than once can change it?
@ Miranda : Thanks for your answer, but I still have an other box although i am on timeline. ???

@ Ironclad : Thanks for your anser. When I go the timeline, at the top right, there is already a "send message" button next to the gear icon. I can send a message, but he/she can't see it since we are not friends, I guess.

May this problem be about using facebook on mobile phone?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2013, 07:30 PM

The other message box is no longer there if they are on timeline, it goes to notification.

edit: You won't know if they have the same settings as you do - your 'other' box may be because of your settings and whether you allow messages to be sent to you. It's a crap shoot - and you don't know, they may se the message and get notifications but you can't know that for certain. Best bet is to simply try.

Ads

04-25-2013, 07:40 PM

I got rid of my Facebook but if I remember correctly you can just go to their profile. On their timeline at the top-right there should be a little gear icon with an arrow, click that and it drops something down, then click "Send Message" or "Message" or something along the lines of that.

Sorry if that's a little too vague but clicking that should open up a message.
Hope this helps.

(this is an edit) They will most likely see it in their "other" folder when they go to their messages. If they message you back and then you message them again it should show up in their regular inbox with their regular messages.

Sorry if that has somehow changed since I last did this but that's how it was. :/