This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is wrong with the world given that the UFC is popular?
10-12-2012, 08:21 AM
What is wrong with the world given that the UFC is popular?
I regularly go on twitter and the UFC trends often. Meaning it is quite popular. I absolutely despise this stuff. There is no doubt that they are top 'athletes' who are well disciplines and give their absolute all to be the best at what they do. But the bottom line is, it is two guys beating the crap out of each other. It is DOG FIGHTING. I am well aware of what the sport of MMA is all about but it is still dog fighting. They train their asses off so they can inflict as much damage to their opponent as possible.

What is sick is that this stuff is so popular. That society actually enjoy watching two fellow humans inflic pain upon each other. No wonder the world is so fucked up. Call me a queer or a faggot or whatever but I bet 95% of the people who say that have never been on the receiving end of violence - I have had my fair share. You are all tap out / jersey-shore-obsessed idiots.

It is wrong that the guys participating in this sport are heroes to people. It is wrong that the sport is so glorified. Yes it is not as bad as the dark old days but it is only better relativly speaking. It is still messed up. I seen a bout (non ufc) on tv once where one of the guys knee was popping out and the other guy just kept going for that knee. Of course, in his position you would do the same. But it was still sick nonetheless. I had to turn it off.

What provokes the guys who train in that sport? 99% of going to suffer pain and injuries and defeats. Most will end up as journeyman. We all grew up as children wanting to be bruce lee, van damme and so on, but we grow out of that as we enter a certain age. We all wanted to be bad asses. Seriously, if they have so much discipline and will to succeed then why not do some other sport or take up the guitar. Why would you want to fight mma? If it is for the chicks, then trust me when I say that, yes you will get more chicks, but you will get double as much if you became, say, a musician.

The world is fucked up. War after war. Not just around the world but on the streets, in family homes, everywhere. Violence is the norm. Humanity will not survive the next century the way things are going on.
mcq316 - Can you please englighten me as to what 'IT' is which I do not get? I understand a lot more about the sport of Mixed Martial Arts than you think. I understand that it is multiple disciplines and requires a lot of skill, technique and conditioning to excel at the sport. I understand that no man of the street is going to do well in a MMA fight and understand that no single discipline is going to do well against MMA fighter. Maybe it is you that does not get it,. Maybe it is you that has been brainwashed to believe that because they are fighting in a cage and because there are some rules to follow and because there is a referee, then there is nothing wrong with humans training to beat the crap out of each other.
"Violence is nothing new. And we're still here" - True, but in my grandparents day things were not as bad and casual as they are now. It is debatable that things are getting worse. And last we need is kids growing up and watching one guy lay on top of another guy and smash elbows in to his face, whilst a crowd of sheepish idiots are egging him on. That is the sort of thing you see in a street fight. At least with, say, boxing it is less brutal to watch. Yes boxing is arguably more dangerous, but MMA looks like some back ally stuff. I know it is far from back ally stuff, but the average viewer does not. And the only difference really between back ally stuff and ufc is a few rules, a referee, and the fighters are capable of causing much more damage than the average back ally / bar room brawler.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:29 AM

You don't get it. That's fine. But to think that YOUR viewpoint is automatically correct is foolish. And your comparison to dog fighting is completely ignorant. The dogs are bred and trained BY HUMANS for fighting. They are beating and starved to make them meaner. UFC fighters make the conscious CHOICE to do what they do. You don't get it. That's fine. But they do, and so do millions of fans. So get off your moral high horse.

I never said there was 'nothing wrong with it'. But your post indicates that YOU don't like the violence. That's fine. The fighters obviously do, as do the fans. Why are THEY wrong to enjoy it? What you don't get is that they have a different view. Just because its violent and dangerous doesn't make it wrong. Nobody is forcing them to participate in or watch the sport. So they must WANT to do those things. You call it 'sick'. Why? Because YOU don't like it. You say we won't 'survive the next century the way things are going'. Why? Violence is nothing new. And we're still here. I never questioned your technical knowledge of MMA. I'm sure you know more about it than I do. But you're acting like its wrong for everyone because you don't like it. That's what you don't get.

Ads

10-12-2012, 08:29 AM

I agree with your opinion on the matter however, have you even considered an alternate point of view? Such as: the media attempting to shape public opinion by creating an illusion that the sport is more popular that it really is. You have to take into consideration that the media in America has an Internationalists' agenda and therefore it does not have any patriotic pride in the programs is markets. The truth will always remain unknown but that is why it is important in times like these to stick to the morals and values you learned as a child, and not ever second guess yourself or be tempted to go against what you know is wrong.