This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you be offended if you spotted a heel wrestler at the supermarket and he/she didn't break kayfabe?
04-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Would you be offended if you spotted a heel wrestler at the supermarket and he/she didn't break kayfabe?
Let's say you ask the wrestler for an autograph and that heel acts the way he does on television. In other words, he stays true to his wrestling roots and stays in character all the time.

Considering that kayfabe is almost non-existent in today's wrestling which relies much on social media.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2013, 11:46 PM

Well,it depends. If somebody was just like "fuck off loser,I'm better than you" that would be slightly offensive. But if they just declined my autograph and maybe called me stupid that'd be fine.

I consider myself a wrestling purist but the Kayfabe thing isn't one that gets to me. I find it rather cool when a heel is nice outside if the ring,idk why,I just do.

Ads

04-25-2013, 11:52 PM

It would be unlikely to happen in today’s wrestling world. It could but probably would be more probable if the wrestler were an asshole in real life as well which could be what makes them such an effective heel. But today a lot of heel wrestlers (including monster heels) are involved with make a wish and as part of the anti bullying campaign.
04-26-2013, 12:00 AM

no not at all, i would even fight them lol

imagine rey mysterio and/or kane wearing their mask and shopping in a grocery store, depending on the situation, i could even assume they are just fans and think they are weird because they are talking and acting like their characters.