This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do parents have right to track their child's facebook profile?
04-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Do parents have right to track their child's facebook profile?
Do you think they are worth more than facebook friends?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2013, 11:10 AM

They should MYOB.

Ads

04-26-2013, 11:23 AM

well, it depends on how old your child is. if they are over 12 years old, then they should learn these types of things on their own. if you track down every step your child takes, when they grow up to be adults, they wont know how to do anything, and will get into some big trouble. just talk to your child about how dangerous it can be, and how there are many horrible ppl in the world, and that should be enough.
04-26-2013, 11:29 AM

Lol,how can parents track our facebook profile ?

They have the right since facebook does not belong to you. If you dont want them to look at your profile,block them
04-26-2013, 11:45 AM

They do because it is that parent's child, but, coming from the experience of a sixteen year old, it gets VERY annoying sometimes but useful at others.
04-26-2013, 11:50 AM

If the child is under 18 then yes a parent does have that right. Parents need to know what their kids are up to.

Can you please answer mine:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...154AAL2F6L
04-26-2013, 12:04 PM

A parent that doesn't would be negligent in their duties as a parent. A parent shouldn't really comment on anything they see either unless it is about some sort of dangerous behaviors.
04-26-2013, 12:15 PM

i think that they should i mean your a parent you should be aloud to make shore your kid is doing what he/she needs to be doing! and if they are not doing anything wrong there is nothing to hid!
04-26-2013, 12:25 PM

I'm 25, haven't lived in my parents house since I was 18. My parents haven't paid a single one of my bills since I was 18 & moved out BUT My mom is my facebook friend. She says she checks my wall about once a week. & I promise you if I leave my cell phone where she can get it she has gone threw it. She says its her job to make sure I'm safe even if I'm 105!
04-26-2013, 12:39 PM

If you have nothing to hide you shouldnt care. Obviously as long as your a child in there house on a network were you could be talking to 50 year old men posing to be 18 like what happens and the child ends up dead because tehre stupid enough to meet up at a mall or somethign with them. Also kids are extremely dumb with what there posting for the world to see and could end up in jail over it even if they dont think they can. Parents dont do these things for no reason they have the right to track and check on anything your doing so long as your a kid.