This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think of this friend?
04-26-2013, 12:44 PM
What do you think of this friend?
We went to highschool together, hung out a few times. I changed school and we never saw eachother til years later we ran into eachother, started going downtown together and drinking. She would always call me to go with her to doctors appointments and to look at apratments with her and stuff like that. Invite me to sleep over after drinking till 3 in the morning and ask me to help her paint her house one time too.

Then I had kids and obviously dont go out drinking anymore and sometiems she will call and mostly to ask me for something like to help raise money for her breast cancer walk. But when I try to talk to her seriously I feel liek she doesnt really care or isnt listening but then if she is stressed she will make a big fuss about it and have all her friends calling worried sick about her. She is Jewish so I invited her to come to christmas with my family but she told me that all her friends were asking and basically told me that she wasnt gonna pick me and accept another offer. She alawys says she had presents for my kids but then never brings them.

Now I tried calling her, she didnt answer & is not calling back. I sent her a message on FB to ask her if she could post something on her facebook for me to help my daughters daycare win 10,000$ and she has been on there 2 times now but has not answered and didnt post the link for me.

Should I just stop expecting anything from this girl or am I overreacting? She is just a bit of a user?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2013, 12:58 PM

What friend? I thought friends do a give and take. Sometimes you need to give and sometimes you need your friend to give to you. This includes time, a shoulder to cry on, to all other facets of life. She sounds like a user and I don't think you are overreacting.
Watch, soon she will contact you with whatever she wants to use you for this time. She will act like nothing has happened, not even offering up a lame excuse for dogging you this last time. That is about some arrogance if ever there was any.
You have your choices on how to deal with her. Ignore her totally and forever, tell her exactly what you think about her and how phony she is, or be the friend that is being used up.

Ads

04-26-2013, 01:00 PM

She has a co-dependent personality and likes to receive but sounds like she doesn't like to put in much effort herself. She might be stressed out with life and stuck in her own little world. "I'll help you but first can you..." then go from there.