This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It isn't truly impossible to recover messages you've deleted from your facebook, right?
04-26-2013, 04:35 PM
It isn't truly impossible to recover messages you've deleted from your facebook, right?
There has to be some way to recover deleted facebook messages. I know that they're gone from your facebook, but aren't your messages just lost somewhere in cyberspace? Can anyone explain this to me in further detail aside from just saying no, once you delete them they're gone forever?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2013, 04:50 PM

Actually they are not gone from facebook. To delete messages you goto archive I believe and then it is said to be deleted. But then you can goto your messages and hit "view archive messages" and it will all be right there.

Ads

04-26-2013, 04:55 PM

when you delete them, they are actually put into your archive folder

http://abrax.us/Facebook/DeletingMessages.php

then you can still retrieve them

but if you also delete them from the archive folder, you cannot get them back

there is one exception tho, if you are in a court battle and need proof, a judge/lawyer can subpoena the messages from facebook and get them back that way, but it's a long process and has to be done by someone other than yourself, and not for free
04-26-2013, 04:58 PM

it's in your message history
04-26-2013, 05:12 PM

You could check your archived folder unless you permanently delete the messages... if you do that then there is not retrieving them after that