This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best kpop entertainment to audition for ?
04-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Best kpop entertainment to audition for ?
i really want to audition for WM entertainment ( B1A4) but i do not know if they accept non-koreans. i am turning 17 next year, i can sing and rap a little. i am not a freestyledancer but i can pick up choreogeaphy pretty quick. i was wondering which entertainment would be best for me? how long does it take for them to respond if i made it to the next audition stage and how is a trainees' social life like ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2013, 06:12 PM

It all really depends. If you're not korean this will possibly lower your chance of getting into any entertainment company, especially if you can't speak any korean as this will be expensive for them to get you to learn the language. Also take in mind that looks, for some companies, are top priority. Even some of the most talented people don't pass audition because they are deemed unattractive. It's pretty harsh. Since WM isn't considered a TOP company like SM or YG, it won't be as competitive so you may have more chance. If this is something you have your heart set on, audition as much as you can to as many companies as possible like Woollim Ent (Infinite), CUBE (Beast) etc (these sound like good companies) Good Luck Smile

Ads

04-26-2013, 06:18 PM

Most companies will not accept Koreans. Thats the harsh reality. I know on many of the websites for auditions, they all say that everyone is welcome and it doesn't matter if you're not Korean. - It actually does not matter that you're not Korean, you just need to be Asian of some sort. And by Asian I mean Yellow skinned Asian (not to be racist lol, I am Asian myself) You can still try though. But really, theres a very very little chance. KPOP is a Korean industry, so they prefer to use Koreans to represent Korean music? If that makes any sense.

Large & most popular companies:
1. SM
2. JYP
3. YG

Other well known companies:
Cube, Pledis, Starship, J.Tune, Woolim, Core Contents Media, FNC Music.

Your choice.

It takes a long time for them to process all the audition tapes and find people to move onto the next stage. It's a 2-3 month wait.

A trainees social life? There is hardly any social life. If you're still in highschool, you have to go to school everyday, along with vocal+ dance practice everyday. When you finish high school, you train for about 12 hours a day. No mobile phones, no going out. Just training all day. Its tough.
04-26-2013, 06:31 PM

1. SM Entertainment (Girls' Generation, Super Junior, SHINee, f(x) etc are SM's groups and I believe this is the best entertainment)
2. YG Entertainment
3. JYP Entertainment
4. Cube Entertainment

Then after that try other smaller entertainments that are not that popular as there'll be less competition and higher chance of getting accepted. And yes they accept non-Koreans like Chinese. I don't know about Europeans and Americans, but who knows? Big Grin If you have talent they might! Smile
04-26-2013, 06:34 PM

there are three popular companys
- SM
- JYP
- YG

this three comanys are really different.
SM looks 80% at the look and 20% at the talent.
YG looks mostly at talent
JYP looks at character

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/t...WqPxJ1ykAw

when you have not much talent, but you have a good body, then sm
when you have talent. then YG

why do you want to do your audition in WM.
WM is not really popular.
when you want to be popular in wm you have to work really really hard, because ir is not a famous entertainment.
but in SM YG and JYP you will be renowned and everybody will know you.
look at Exo they are a new group .. but famous like Shinee

good luck Smile)

PS.: sorry for my bad english
04-26-2013, 06:43 PM

SMENT. They have new concepts and catchy music (doesn't mean I dont have meaningful songs..) well, personally i really like SMent music and artists and actors/actresses, they got good styles Smile
04-26-2013, 06:53 PM

I am American-Korean, currently living in Korea. But if you are not Korean, you will not be accepted. Why would you want to be a 'celebrity in Korea' anyway? Living in Korea is really hard. Even I had culture shock when I moved back to Korea this year.