This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I do about this?
04-26-2013, 07:45 PM
What should I do about this?
The girl I have been speaking to for just over a year now is speaking to another guy. There was nothing wrong with that since we weren't official. However we both like each other and it's about that time to take the relationship to the next step and make it official. The problem is when I first started speaking to her she had said in a comment on Facebook that she would that guy. A year on and she still talks to him sometimes but tells everyone he's a friend. I see him flirting with her on the social networking site and she never rejects him or directly accepts. She always uses words like maybe and mm.., never really saying she will or wont do something.

I wouldn't be comfortable with those two communicating if I got into a serious relationship with her. I mean who would be comfortable with some other person wanting to bone their partner and trying to flirt with them all the time? I don't want to tell her not to talk to her friends anymore but I don't like the situation and don't consider their relationship to be a friendship.
A year ago she told that guy she would date him.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2013, 08:00 PM

Either speak your mind to the gal about how you feel or just keep quiet and leave her alone.

Ads

04-26-2013, 08:04 PM

Well, you have a good reason to not like the situation if you were in a exclusive relationship with this woman, and could tell her to chose you or he, because you know she wants him, and he must be getting something out of it from her, but for some reason, nothing is coming out of it. Maybe, it's because of you, and these same feelings are going on with them about it, for whatever reason they each feel about it. Maybe it's just because you all are single at the moment, and can be friendly with one another. Your right. there is nothing wrong with it at this point. It would probably make all the difference in the world to change this if you decided to take it further into a relationship with her, make it official, but first let her know how you feel about all of this, and knowing what her decision is about the present, and not the past, or future, at this point in time.
04-26-2013, 08:07 PM

As you say you and this girl are not in a bf/gf relationship and your friendship is no more than platonic, at the moment at least.

Because of this the girl is perfectly free to speak to whoever she likes and to flirt with them if she wishes.

How convinced are you that this girl wants to take your relationship to 'the next level'?

Have you asked this girl if she wants to start dating seriously? She may simply want to remain good friends with you without taking the relationship further.

If you do ask her to become your girlfriend officially then I assume she will stop flirting with this other person but if she does not then you may want to reassess your relationship with her.

I see no reason why someone cannot simply flirt with another person even though they may be in a relationship with someone else but it depends on how the flirting is conducted and if she was happy for someone to flirt with her and vice versa and have that person talking about having sex with her etc, then I feel that is totally inappropriate.

As your relationship is merely platonic at the moment I am afraid I don't think you have the right to tell this girl she must stop talking to this other boy or stop flirting with him. If you do that may spoil the relationship you have with her at the moment.

If she allows him to flirt with her but is being non committal in her replies then I get the impression that she is only having fun with him. If this is the case she could be playing a dangerous game because I am assuming she does not really know who the person who is flirting with her is or what his true intentions are.

Poseidon