This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i think my facebook has a virus?
04-26-2013, 08:39 PM
i think my facebook has a virus?
just now..and a few days ago, I tried to get into fb..but it doesnt bring me to the usual fb page, it brings me to this white page with my name on it..then I scroll down and my notifications are randomly all over the page..it doesnt load properly,there are those loading sign things flashing all over the page..its not my profile...it looks so dodgy, weird..what can I do? It doesnt even have a logout button..
yeah, i've run a lot of virus scans using my trusty norton antivirus scanner..it finds and removed tracking cookies..but doesnt fix the fb problem.. Sad fb still doesnt work at all for me, i need to fix it, I'll try google chrome

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2013, 08:46 PM

You have to create a new FB book page w/a different email address, mine did the same thing.

Ads

04-26-2013, 08:58 PM

Your facebook account cannot "have a virus". Your computer could though. However, I have personally never heard of a malware that does this. Try different browsers, such as Firefox or Chrome, first. Im assuming that you have also tried a virus scan?

Edit: I don't know why I didn't say this before. Clear all of your browsing history, including cookies and cache. This will probably solve the problem. Make sure that you do not have Facebook open while doing this.