This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you take someone to court for harassment/bullying?
04-27-2013, 03:03 AM
Can you take someone to court for harassment/bullying?
I have a child who is being harassed & bullied through Twitter & askfm website by a bunch of schoolmates & other kids from other school. One of the girl's from school has threaten to punch her last year via twitter & the next day when she went to school, all the kids from school knew about this argument & all were ready to video the fight, according to my daughter. Since then, they've made up but now, this group has started again with my daughter for no particular reason. They have been posting on twitter that my daughter is a lesbian. I have just reported this incident to the school but it seems that it is getting worst. More & more kids are now harassing her & calling her a snake. I do have evidence & took snapshots of the twitter page where they've posted it. I need to put a stop to this matter.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 03:06 AM

-How old is your child?
-Is she well, by terms and agreements old enough for Twitter? (Court's not gonna end well if she's underage...)
-Maybe get her to learn Aikido, Karate or something. Teaches self defense and confidence.
-Before going to court, have you spoke to her schoolmates?
-Do the teachers know? Like, not just the Higher Ups of the school.
-If the teachers know but aren't doing anything, tell them that by not doing anything they're letting a mini war break out between students. And if THEY'RE allowed to hurt you girl, your girl shall be allowed to hurt them back. (Even if she probably won't.. just say it. It gets them scared.)
-NEVER let your girl throw the first punch. (This is gonna be tough emotionally and physically...) But maybe if she gets PHYSICALLY abused give her a pocket knife for protection.
-Tell her NOT to use it unless things get really spiced up. (THEY'D report you for injury; it's not gonna end well if the knife gets stolen...)
-And yes, if it gets physical you can always report it. The knife thing is like, last resort.
-I'm not sure that verbal abuse an be reported though...Have her verbal abuse them back? (I know, as a mom you WON'T wanna teach her that kinda stuff....)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply