This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How mad would you be if someone let their sick child around your baby?
04-27-2013, 03:09 AM
How mad would you be if someone let their sick child around your baby?
Please NO rude comments!
Can someone please explain to me why people do things like this?
I understand it's none of my business but it does partially involve me and I can't help but to feel irritated. My 6 year old Step son was diagnosed with the Flu two days after leaving my house. I had a play date scheduled for My daughter who is 16 months old with one of her little friends who is under a year old but I canceled it to make sure my daughter wasn't infected with the FLU because I didn't want to get her little baby sick and I thought she would appreciate that but when she checked my message on facebook she ignored it and when she did reply back she didn't say thank you or anything of being appreciative. Next thing I know the biological mom who ALSO has the FLU as well as the 6 year old with the FLU, just called his father today saying he needed to go back to the doctor because he keeps getting a fever will now be baby sitting that little baby girl of my friends this weekend. Plus she is also sending her sick son to a birthday party. It says that a person can be contagious up to two weeks at the most with the Flu and can even pass on the virus before they even have any symptoms of their own. That is why I canceled the play date because I wanted to be sure I wouldn't affect anyone's kids especially a little baby. How miserable would everyone be if they got sick because I let my child who had the flu around them ( if she had it ) I don't understand this situation would someone please explain why people do this and Please Do not be rude I am honestly trying to grasp the concept of this because it seems totally careless to me.
I am not usually concerned with colds and other sickness but when it comes to the FLU or any kind of diarrhea or vomiting symptoms yes, I get serious. I wouldn't want my baby to feel like because I let a child with the FLU around her. She would be miserable and it's heartbreaking and Yes I know I know, Kids get sick, it happens but your suposed to TRY to prevent it

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 03:21 AM

I suppose some people aren't as concerned with contagious viruses, in the hope that a body's natural immune system will kick in.

As for me, I'm not super concerned about illness and the spreading off. I do my best not to spread it, but don't worry so much about being around it. I have a great immune system, am rarely sick, and so does my son. But he's 16. I definitely worried more, when he was younger, about what he might catch, but I still didn't qualify as a germaphobe.

Edit: On one hand, I get that, I really do. But then on the other hand, all the germaphobes I know, are always sick, and I can't help but wonder... Are they germaphobes because they have weak immune systems... or do they have weak immune systems because they are germaphobes? I don't know what the answer is. All I know, is I don't really worry about germs, viruses, bacteria, etc. and me and mine are hardly sick. If I had had a sickly child, perhaps my outlook would be different.

Ads

04-27-2013, 03:34 AM

I would be very upset.
04-27-2013, 03:40 AM

ive experienced the same things. People have no regard for mmy kids wellness, but I let them know before they come out our house, or a playdate, that my kids are sick, or slightly sick and its thier choice, etc, unless its too bad and they are too sick to be around others. Others don't really do this. My oldest is now 5 and im like F U K -IT sometimes, ill just take her out w/ pink eye, virus's etc etc, when I really do need to do something in town, because every else is doing it and thats how she kept getting sick,............but i do wipe the shopping cart off and I'll tell the cashier after she touches my money or debit card that she might want to use purell. I get alot of funny looks lol when i say that!!!!!!!! but people are so stupid and don't care. You just have to try to wipe ur kids hands offf alot, give them vit c. and try to forget how stupid everyone is.
04-27-2013, 03:48 AM

I'd be super pissed off. I have 3 babies and if some negligent dumbass let their kid around mine KNOWING they were sick I would go the hell off. I mean especially because my oldest daughter gets sick VERY easily. She was in the NICU for 4 months of her life when she was born. People need to have some common sense and keep their children away from others just for the sake of respect. This is why my kids arent in daycare.
04-27-2013, 03:58 AM

I have no kids but if someone has a child who is very sick like vomiting or diarrhea or a stomach flu or strep throat then I wouldn't want them to bringing their child over to my house so that me or others don't get whatever they may have. But things like the flu or a cold don't bug me so much. It's a Stomach flu or strep throat that bug me. Kids get sick. When it's the stomach flu or Strep throat or whatever then I would rather my friend's keep their kids home but I don't normally fuss over a cold or the flu. People get sick it's part of life and it's hard to prevent unless you put your child in a bubble
04-27-2013, 04:14 AM

The mother of the 16month old isnt doing something smart. And sending a kid with the flu to a bday party is rude.
At the same time, I probably wouldve went along with the playdate if my child wasnt showing any signs of the flu and it was 2 days after seeing the infected kid.