This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i apply for a scholarship to an American boarding school?
10-12-2012, 08:23 AM
How do i apply for a scholarship to an American boarding school?
I'm 14 (year 9/8th grade). I live in London, England. i was wondering how to apply for a scholarship to an american boarding school. It would be financially impossible for my family to pay the full price (£/$ 40000?). Academically i'm quite clever, but i'm not the most itelligent person in my school though. i get A's & B's at GSCE standard. By June this year i will have a full French GCSE.

My mum thinks i'm weird because i want to go to boarding school, she says its like prison ect ect. lol. i've researched it and asked a few people what its like and opinions on it vary. But i still desperately want to go. It's an experience that you won't ever be able to get again. If you dont like it, it wont be forever, but atleast if you go you know what it's like and can say you've been.
I'm honestly intregued by the whole lifestyle of it all, haha. i think it's a great way to make friends, and living in a learning envirement can't exactly be bad for you, can it. Also (this sounds so silly!) but.. i'm really obssessed with Justin Bieber - dont judge me lol. i cant remember the last time i went a whole day without thinking about him. My world is so small, i basically live in my room covered in justin bieber posters, i go on facebook and people are talking about him, i go on twitter and he's trending, i text my friend and she brings him up in conversation.. i really like him but i really need a life. So i figured boarding school would help Smile i probably wouldn't use facebook as much because i wouldn't need to talk to friends as i would be living with them... and i probably wouldnt have a laptop with me anyway lol. I wouldnt text because my mum would get an incredibly large phone bill and i definitly wouldn't take my bieber posters with me! haha. So basically i really want to keep busy and meet new people, see new places ect. Because i should be more interested in my own life, than some boy that doesnt even know i exist lol. Sorry i'm abit off subject... :| I need a fresh start, away from this depressing weather, with new people. I love my family, but i wouldn't miss an oportunity like this for the world so leaving them for a couple of months doesn't bother me too much.

I know i'm probably not clever enough to get a scholarship or even a half scholarship but can i have a rough idea of what to aim for. i have mostly A's and a few B's, but if i really work hard i know i can get all A's. But once i've done that, where do i go from there?

i dont really mind whereabouts in america. but i would really love to go, so if you have any info please let me know Smile

Thank you x

(and sorry for going so off subject, lol)
i had written this out already and i clicked backspace to delete a letter when i was typing but it took me back to the previous page.. so i had to re write it all and my mum was rushing me cause we had to go shopping, so please excuse all the mistakes Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Call up the school and explain to them what you want then ask them to fax/email a application form! I have done that for a brittish school and they seemed to think it was pretty common!

Ads

You can't. And you can barely spell your own language. You are having a teenage girl fantasy.

Sorry, American boarding schools will not offer you a scholarship under the situation you have outlined. You need to work things out in your country. Good Luck!