This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do Democrats and Republicans seem to think there is some sort of correlation between intelligence and...?
04-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Why do Democrats and Republicans seem to think there is some sort of correlation between intelligence and...?
Political views? All I hear from Democrats is "stupid Conservatives" and all I hear from Republicans is, "stupid liberals," and they always seem to think that just because someone has certain views on economics or social issues they're automatically stupid, despite there being no experiments conducted by actual scientists and not the idiot media that show that political views and IQ are related. Karl Marx was undoubtedly a smart man, despite overlooking the potential of his system to be horribly abused. So my question to Republicans and Democrats is, do you honestly and genuinely believe the other side to be unintelligent?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 07:52 AM

Oh liberals are very intelligent. That isn't my problem with them. They are ignorant to things.

Ads

04-27-2013, 07:58 AM

I think you'd be surprised by how little of what they say they actually believe in.
04-27-2013, 08:11 AM

Studies have shown that Democrats are more intelligent. They seek what is evolutionary novel, a sign of intelligence and the Cons don't get much beyond articulating their baboon drives.
04-27-2013, 08:23 AM

I agree with you, 100%. I dislike both parties for the most part, because they're both elitist,. Both of their ideas have flaws yet they are so sure that they're right. Neither of these parties seem to even want to have the ability to see the other parties' point of view. Personally, I like to hear the arguments of both sides before forming an opinion.
04-27-2013, 08:29 AM

Agreed. I don't like black and white thinking about politics. I think government is too complex to work on ideas from just one ideology.
04-27-2013, 08:38 AM

I am a Republican. I'll have a better time believing Democrats are intelligent when they can show me a balanced budget is a bad thing. A deficit and a debt are good things and how to spend my way out of debt. My 8th grade teacher taught me how to balance a bank account and a budget. No economist is required for that.
04-27-2013, 08:51 AM

I typically don't consider groups of people that large to be stupid. However, there has been a study that links conservatism to lower cognitive ability and prejudice. I am not an idiot, I will source at the end.

In the end, it's a correlation. Simpler people prefer a simpler doctrine and conservative doctrine is fairly simple as far as political ideologies go. Things are very much painted black and white, at least the public image is very much that way.

Simply put, there's a connection between racism, poorer cognitive ability, and conservatism. The intelligent conservatives I've met often lament this group even as their party caters to them in order to get votes. This is why we don't get an honest debate in politics. The leaders of one side have an issue with compromise because an opportunistic movement might try to remove them from power by manipulating their base.

In the end, anyone who is unwilling to compromise is ultimately an idiot. This is not limited to any political ideology. There are stubborn conservatives, there are stubborn liberals, there are stubborn moderates and they are all equally annoying. People must be judged on an individual basis for intelligence, regardless of political affiliation.
04-27-2013, 09:01 AM

Confused because of selective hearing is better.
Meteorite ALH840001 found in Antarctica (said to be a chunk of Mars), contains fossilized bacteria, which is then "proof of life". Give it a SSN then.
Yet a fertilized human egg is not.
Being against the death penalty but for abortion. Why not just call it a retroactive abortion.
No wonder the world is a mess.
Crusaders from both sides argue over nonsense while the Gypsies pick their pockets.
(then go on vacation)
"Mission Accomplished".
04-27-2013, 09:04 AM

This answer is going to be somewhat long, but I hope you don't mind.

What occurs is that we are seeing only part of the picture. Think about the story of the three blind men who find an elephant. The first man touches his tail and says, "an elephant is like a snake!" The second man touches his leg and says, "No, an elephant is like a tree!" The third man touches the side and says, "No, you're both wrong-an elephant is like a wall."

And there you have it. So long as we stick to one side of the proverbial elephant, we cannot see it as a whole, and we naturally think that anyone who sees the elephant as anything but what we do is stupid.

Yet a tail, leg and side of an elephant are all parts of the same animal. Unknown to the blind men, an elephant does indeed consist of all the parts-and more that they never felt-without any contradiction whatsoever.

The erroneous assumption that we understand the whole by our perspective on the part combines with our pride and the human aversion to uncertainty. Not only do we only see part of the issue, we uphold this part as the only rational truth, because to do otherwise would call into question our ability and in turn, the validity of our sense of worth.