This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it illegal to have fake Facebook accounts?
04-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Is it illegal to have fake Facebook accounts?
My wife plays games on Facebook a lot and she has made fake accounts to help her out on the apps and I wanted to know is it illegal?
And its ONLY to help out on the APPS!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 01:04 PM

No lol, not illegal. Just clever lol

Ads

04-27-2013, 01:15 PM

No it isn't
04-27-2013, 01:27 PM

No it's not. You can even have as many accounts as you wish.
04-27-2013, 01:29 PM

yes, of course
04-27-2013, 01:33 PM

Misrepresentation is a violation of the terms of use of Facebook and therefore a violation of the law.
04-27-2013, 01:45 PM

it not illegal as long as its not faud of a person and if the info she give is true then its not illegal my friends do it all the time
04-27-2013, 01:59 PM

Im calling the Facebook police...on your wife..? DUDE who cares , everyone has many accounts except me cos I have none, cheers
04-27-2013, 02:03 PM

The short answer is, "no". However, if you make a fake facebook account and your real name is Bob Smith and you put your name as, Steve Jacobson on your fake account and you use it as such, be careful because people can report you and when the authorities get involved and see that "Steve Jacobson" is really "Bob Smith", you can get in trouble for fraud. Having a fake account is not illegal, but using it to talk to people and trying to meet people or sell stuff using the fake profile can get you into trouble. The facebook terms of use talk about how it is illegal to misrepresent yourself as someone else which is true, but if you just make a fake account so you can add people who you wouldn't want to add under your real profile just so you can see what they are up to and look at their pictures and stuff is okay.

There are a lot of people who make fake or "dummy" facebook accounts so that they can set up their business facebook page for example. The owner may not want a facebook profile, but wants to have his or her business on facebook, so he or she will make a "fake" or "dummy" profile so that he can set up his or her account for his business.
04-27-2013, 02:14 PM

it's not "illegal" - the cops arent going to arrest you

but according to the facebook terms, each user is allowed to have only one account, and if facebook catches her, they will delete all of her accounts