This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do I do? She's really hurting me..?
04-27-2013, 03:47 PM
What do I do? She's really hurting me..?
We both have eating disorders, and we're both in recovery, in the same school. Things haven't been the greatest between us.. And to make things worse, I'm interested in her (I'm lesbian) and she doesn't even know it, and I'm not sure how she feels about me. We were close for a really long time, but now she acts distant.. She pretty much ignores me in school unless I talk to her, and on Twitter she'll retweet something I tweet then un-retweet it a day later. She has done this before.. And when I confronted her about it before she tried to cover up what she was doing, apologized about it and acted normal for a while. She started doing this again after I told her that I started working out again.

Last weekend, she did something really weird. We were texting, and she said 'question..' and I said 'Yes?' and she said 'Nevermind, sorry, haha.' and I said 'No, seriously, what?' She never messaged me back that night.. But the next day she messaged me saying 'what?' and I said 'well you're the one who wanted to ask me something,' and she said it was 'nothing bad' and it was about 'no one'... when I didn't say it was anything bad or about anyone. She kept dragging it on until she said it was about a paper in school, but she 'found the answer right in front of her.' I thought it was weird that she would drag it on like that if it were something that small.. But ever since she has acted distant again.

It's really upsetting me, because she knows that she's the most support that I really have..

I feel like if I talk to her about all this, she'll just brush it off or try to say that she hasn't been acting weird. What do I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 04:01 PM

First of all, I'm happy to hear you're recovering well with your eating disorder Smile
In my honest opinion, it actually sounds like (or it could be a paranoia thing) that she may have guessed you had feelings for her and wanted to ask you; then she chickened out. Or, it could be that she was trying to get your attention? Are you normally a slow-response-texter?
I've been in this situation many times where I may have fallen for my friend (i'm also a lesbian) so to me it would feel like she has figured things out.
Maybe it might be a good idea to ask her in person about what she meant? Maybe you'll get it from her facial expressions? Especially if you know her so well! Good luck, I hope it turns out that she's madly in love with you and wanted your hand in marriage Wink Haha.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply