This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stephen king vs Charles dickens?
04-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Stephen king vs Charles dickens?
Who is a more creative author? I don't want to hear about how the old English is difficult, frankly I don't find anything challenging about it. Also I personally love the old English, and have trouble going back and reading modern, once you taste the 19th century.

But I want to know, which author is better in litatery terms.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 07:36 PM

Poe

Ads

04-27-2013, 07:43 PM

Stephanie Meyer!
04-27-2013, 07:53 PM

I prefer Stephen King BY FAR. I just don't enjoy Dickens's stories nearly as much. Not because of the writing, but the content.
04-27-2013, 07:57 PM

Stephen King is a hack. He's gotten lucky a few times.
04-27-2013, 08:02 PM

One could argue over who has more "creativity" until the cows come home, but I like King's writing style more. It has nothing to do with the type of English, I just mean that I really enjoy how he sets up the suspense and how he describes things, the details he includes or purposely leaves out. I think his works get me more invested, they've definitely given me the best frights.
Between these two authors, if could read nothing else but their works for the rest of my life, it'd be King. Not just because he's written a lot more either...
04-27-2013, 08:17 PM

Stephen king i think there both good but Stephen king is a legend he is the king of horror
04-27-2013, 08:24 PM

In literary terms it's probably Charles Dickens he has really complex plots and characters. But Stephen King is also a pretty good writer, his novels seem to be more plot oriented though.
04-27-2013, 08:25 PM

Dickens. You have to be creative to hold modern attention spans with writing done in the 1800's. His novels are classics. Stephen King won't have that kind of longetivity with his novels.
04-27-2013, 08:34 PM

Stephen King!!