This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you notice a lot of grammar nazis on pinterest?
04-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Do you notice a lot of grammar nazis on pinterest?
It is so absolutely OBNOXIOUS to read comments to something and it is funny and someone swoops in and starts *you're-ing and *their-ing. Or if someone is talking in netspeak and you absolutely get what they're saying, and its a good comment or good point, still the grammar nazis swoop in.
Like, get over it already. I think everyone should respond to these people with "Get over it."
It is like a duty on there. It is all over the Internet but I find it on pinterest the most.
^Like I said, its all over the Internet.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2013, 07:54 PM

If you have time for the internet, you have time for grammar.

The uses of your, you're, their, there, etc do bother me so I wouldn't mind if someone pointed it out. Grammar nazis are everywhere on the internet by the way.

Ads

04-27-2013, 08:05 PM

Internet slang shouldn't exist outside of hacker culture to be completely honest. People who use "netspeak" all the time honestly don't know how to properly use the English language, especially when online. It shows laziness when it's just as easy to type the same thing using proper grammar and spelling. Also take into account that people who don't speak English may read comments and not understand what is being said since English slang is such an abomination to the language. You'll also find grammar Nazis all over the Internet: YouTube, Pinterest, here, Facebook, Twitter, forums, etc. You also see more grammar and spelling correction on YouTube than Pinterest to be quite honest.
04-27-2013, 08:17 PM

Maybe if people didn't type like they were in the second grade, grammar nazis would not exist. We wonder why other countries make fun of us.

You learn Contractions in 3rd grade.

You learn Posessives in 3rd grade.

Yet you speak like you've never gone to school.
04-27-2013, 08:23 PM

YES!