This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why didn't my parent's think it was sweet when I gave that stray dog food ...?
04-28-2013, 03:31 AM
Why didn't my parent's think it was sweet when I gave that stray dog food ...?
Okay so I just turned 16 and my mamma let me move back in with her and my daddy.

So I found a stray dog outside and I couldn't get it to come to me but I put some food and water out there for it, my parent's saw me and they didn't say anything. Every single day I'd go out there and try to catch that poor dog, animal control couldn't and gave up and just didn't care.
I posted stuff all over facebook but I don't have a phone or camera so I couldn't take a picture of the dog... They never said a word, except for "Why you wasting all that damn dog food!?!?" ... When really I only gave the dog one scoop full, the rest of the time I would half my meals with him.

But this morning I wake up, and my mamma says "Hey look! One of our neighbors posted an ad on Craigslist to see if anybody's missing that white dog. Ain't that sweeeet of them, awww!!!"

WTF.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 03:31 AM

Cause there naive that is sweet of you he could be starving without you

Ads

04-28-2013, 03:36 AM

Because you're not a 5 year old anymore
04-28-2013, 03:50 AM

Because they know that the dog will remember you fed him and hang out at your house. I had the same thing happen when a stray cat was living under our porch for a year and a half. My sister and I got to adopt the cat, who knows, if an owner doesn't come and you get attached, your parents will let you adopt him
04-28-2013, 04:05 AM

Don't give up, my friend. Right now I'm taking care of 4 orphaned kittens dumped in the street. My parents also think my action is weird. But I reassure them that I can take care of them. You see, the kittens are just 4 weeks old, their mother had died being bitten by dog, they're cold and hungry, how I can turn my back over them?

My parents also ask some kind of 'why you waste all energy for those filthy kittens?'. My answer is 'if I don't do it, I will regret it for the rest of my life' and I mean it. If I left those kittens, I will have nightmares for the rest of my life.
04-28-2013, 04:11 AM

Becosue they don't want the stray hanging around. There is no telling what diseases and pastries its carrying and if its aggressive or not

They don't want you wasting the food they bought on a stray dog that could be diseased or aggressive. You need to stop feeding it and stop trying to catch it. Its a stray, you don't know what is all wrong with the dog and need to have AC set out a live trap to catch it