This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I make myself feel better after a break up?
04-28-2013, 04:45 AM
How do I make myself feel better after a break up?
We dated for four years and he was a nightmare. He abused me in every form possible from emotional, to verbal, and physically hitting me or shoving my down stairs, to even kicking me while I was on the floor. Our relationship was always his way. I wasn't allowed to leave the house, wear any light color clothing, or any makeup and I wasn't allowed to have a Facebook or any social media. In the duration of our relationship I've only met two of his friends in the beginning of when we began dating. I lost so much hair and weight that now I'm showing signs of balding and weigh 84 pounds. I broke up with him a month ago because I couldn't deal with his abuse. While I lost all my friends due to him, he went out and partied all night. He lied about where he was and what he was doing. He met up with ex girlfriends and argued with me over the most ridiculous things. I can't stand him and I can't help but hope that he will be miserable in his life.

I know there are SO many people out there much better then him. He thinks he is above everyone for reasons I have yet to find out. I know I'm not going back to him though being with someone for four years is a long time. I know being without him is for the best but I still need help getting over him.

Do you have advice on coping with a break up or stories of your abuser and your success story? I'd love to hear some motivation right now
I'm 20 and he's 21

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 05:00 AM

time is the best healer. Every day life gets better and you will get stronger. Just avoid the cycle of going back to the same kind of guy. You desderve better!

Ads

04-28-2013, 05:03 AM

GO AND BUY YOURSELF SOMETHING PRETTY. GO OUT WITH SOME GIRL FRIENDS AND ENJOY YOURSELF. DON'T STAY HOME ALONE AND THINK ABOUT HIM. HE OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T DESERVE YOU. PLAN ON HAVING A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPIER NEW YEAR. 2012 IS NEARLY OVER ! ( THANK GOD , NOT A VERY GOOD YEAR FOR ME EITHER. ) CONCENTRATE ON THINGS THAT YOU ENJOY AND MAKE YOU HAPPY. MAYBE , EVEN GET A PET. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPIER NEW YEAR !
04-28-2013, 05:04 AM

Well psychologists have studied that the average person does not really get over a break up mentally for at least 2-4 years! It will linger at the back of their mind somewhere. But there are certain ways you can make yourself feel better and slowly get back on your feet:
-Go to the gym invest yourself on a treadmil and getting the body you've always wanted. Keep at it. The results will be amazing and when you are finished you will feel great about yourself. Your confidence will most likely rocket sky high.
-Go out and start meeting new and interesting people. It may seem hard but it's never to late to go and make new friends.
-Learn to play an instrument or take up a new and interesting hobby.
04-28-2013, 05:17 AM

Get a tub of icecream and be around people who love you! Time will heal all. Get a facebook, wear light clothing...free yourself and learn to love yourself!!
04-28-2013, 05:30 AM

Well first of all I can relate to u in a way my bf has hurt me physically & emotionally he's has hit me & kicked me on my arm once & we've been together for 3yrs !...& he's in control of our relationship too we break up A LOT !! But we always end up back together sum how & my advice to u is GO OUT with friends or try meeting new friends ! Bcuz being alone is the worst !! & don't let him see how hurt u are or tha u need him bcuz that's goin to make him feel like he won & u don't want that !...don't let no guy put u down & when u find sum1 else that treats u better he's going to be like wow she's better w/ out me & u are there's many other guys out in the world that would treat a girl like a girl should be treated...btw I'm 18 & my bf is 17 & I hope my advice helps Smile be strong anyone can do it !!!
04-28-2013, 05:34 AM

go see a psychologist .. he hit u, lied to u , abused u u and treated u bad all these years and u were still with him? u need to get help.. maybe he can give u some pills and they can make u forget all this drama