This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can anyone suggest a good Straight Talk phone?
04-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Can anyone suggest a good Straight Talk phone?
I'm thinking about getting one after my Verizon contract expires next month. I do a lot of texting, occasional phone calls and moderate internet usage. Does anyone have a ST phone they really like?
I already checked out the website. I was having problems finding the phones online to research them because of all the different types with similar names and numbers. That's why I asked on here ... to see if anyone had personal experience with one that was text-friendly and had a decent web browser.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 07:28 AM

You need to go to the Straight Talk website and look at the phones. You will enter your zip code and a list of phones that will work for your calling area will be listed. Then you need to read some reviews on each phone that you like and watch some Youtube videos on the phones that you like. Make sure that the reviews you read and watch videos about are phones listed to work in your calling area. This is the best way to figure out what the best phone will be for you.

Ads

04-28-2013, 07:33 AM

There are lots of great phones straight talk offers. You can get samsung galaxy s2, LG Optimus Black, And just recently added iPhone 5 iPhone 4s and iPhone 4 Through Walmart. These are very expensive phones but can be financed through Walmart and only for 25 dollars a month. So basically you can get an iPhone 5 for $70 dollars a month.
This is great because you don't need a 2 year contract But you do have to get approval through Walmart financing.
04-28-2013, 07:44 AM

I'd recommend a Straight Talk phone that runs on ATT. Are you looking for a smart phone? If so, the ZTE Merit is a nice little phone for cheap. My wife has it and loves it. If you don't play online games and download a ton of crap, it's a great basic smart phone. She has no problem going on line and watching videos and checking her Facebook, etc. The new LG Optimus Extreme for $150 looks decent, it has Android 4.0, plus a 4" display and 5 MP camera and I'm pretty sure it has a flash too. These cheaper Android phones don't have the latest processors, so if you want to run games and tons of apps, then they are probably not for you. HOWEVER, here is my highest recommendation.

Get a $15 micro sim from Straight Talk and a Pantech Burst for around $130-$150 on ebay and you have a MUCH better smart phone than the ones mentioned above. I have a Burst. It's a dual core phone with a high end processor. You can easily play games on it, the 4" display is beautiful, it has front facing, as well as a rear facing cameras for video chat. You get a near-high-end smart phone for peanuts. The phones above are fine, but they are entry level smart phone and for the most part look it. The Burst looks nothing like an entry level phone.

http://www.pantechusa.com/phones/burst