This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why does the facebook layout look different on some peoples profiles?
04-28-2013, 08:59 AM
why does the facebook layout look different on some peoples profiles?
The layout under the info section at the top, it looks different for some people. Mine hasn't changed but I noticed that some people it has a different look to it, why is it that only some people have it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 09:09 AM

Eventually, yours will change to look like that as well. Mine didn't change until just a few days ago.

This is one of the new changes that Facebook is implementing and it is related to some of the privacy concerns that people have. What Facebook is trying to do is instead of simply writing what kind of bands, books TV shows Movies etc. that you like, you can be a Fan of those things. The more people are a fan of the same thing, the easier it is for facebook to gather that information to provide you with targeted ads and suggested friends for a better social networking experience (or so they say). A lot of people, including myself, don't like it because it is pretty infringing on privacy, as anyone can see your fan pages.

whenever facebook (or myspace) makes changes like this, it almost never affect everyone overnight. They have "rolling" switchovers to the new look/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply